What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"Tony, what drivetrain are you planning for the M.M.?

Basic sb chevy.  I've got 3 of them around here, mostly complete.  Need a set of heads for one.  Couple sets of headers I am hoping will fit or be close with a few changes. :wink: :wink:

I built the transmission for the Morris  ( T-350 with trans brake)  a few yrs ago. :wink:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"I've been working on Josh's house, all the rain gutters and fascia boards are done on the house, I have one more side to go on the garage. Frank III has all the wiring redone on the basement, We'll be changing the load center tuesday, and tying in all the circuits. We have two rooms gutted, one more to go. Josh was Ving out cracks on the walls today for caulking, Angela removed all the old insulation and bat poop from the attic. Just started putting it back together today. They got the bathroom framed out and wired. They want to move in, four weeks from now.

Not quite a "move in"  ready house that Josh bought? Where does the kids get these ideas?  8)
Tony

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "enjenjo"I've been working on Josh's house, all the rain gutters and fascia boards are done on the house, I have one more side to go on the garage. Frank III has all the wiring redone on the basement, We'll be changing the load center tuesday, and tying in all the circuits. We have two rooms gutted, one more to go. Josh was Ving out cracks on the walls today for caulking, Angela removed all the old insulation and bat poop from the attic. Just started putting it back together today. They got the bathroom framed out and wired. They want to move in, four weeks from now.

Not quite a "move in"  ready house that Josh bought? Where does the kids get these ideas?  8)

From his grandfather. :roll:  It was a real deal, the moment he signed the papers, he doubled his money. He will have a nice house when it's done. Solid bones, just neglected for the last 20 years.

I had a day yesterday, first thing, the gas company red tagged the furnace for a bad gas valve. Then I came home to cut some stainless on the ironworker, and the blades were dull. I had to take the thing apart and rotate the blades. Then the rollers on the band saw tied up, and that needed fixed before I could use it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

348tripower

I had the same day. Locked myself out of the room Sunday night. Got up yesterday morning to a dead battery. Got it jumped by maintenance and then locked myself out of the car.   :oops:
Don Colliau

moose

Quote from: "348tripower"I had the same day. Locked myself out of the room Sunday night. Got up yesterday morning to a dead battery. Got it jumped by maintenance and then locked myself out of the car.   :oops:

How is your Daughter doing???

39deluxe

I have been struggling through 80 and low 90 degree temperatures and sunshine for the last two weeks in Arizona. I am visiting my son and granddaughter and also taking the opportunity to attend the NCRS Arizona regional. I like old Corvettes and sunshine.

The struggle is that the day after tomorrow I have to point the GMC towards Ohio.

Tom

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "39deluxe"I have been struggling through 80 and low 90 degree temperatures and sunshine for the last two weeks in Arizona. I am visiting my son and granddaughter and also taking the opportunity to attend the NCRS Arizona regional. I like old Corvettes and sunshine.

The struggle is that the day after tomorrow I have to point the GMC towards Ohio.

Tom

Drive slow, left turn signal wired on like Frank, take the two lanes to no where, and it'll be nice when you get back...
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

348tripower

Quote from: "moose"
Quote from: "348tripower"I had the same day. Locked myself out of the room Sunday night. Got up yesterday morning to a dead battery. Got it jumped by maintenance and then locked myself out of the car.   :oops:

How is your Daughter doing???

Very well thanks. The plastic surgeon is operating Thursday afternoon to look at the skin condition.  There was talk about letting her out on Sunday.
Kurt and I are going to see if we can get more info today. They were supposed to have a social worker get with Kurt and that has not happened. So over dinner last night I encouraged him to go to the desk on her floor and start asking questions. These doctors are doing an excellent job but they don't leave you with a lot of information.
Don Colliau

phat46

Thanks to everyone for the condolences for my brother in law. We had an amazing funeral yesterday, one does not realize how many people we affect in our lives. I knew George, my brother in law as a friend, a great out going person involved in community affairs in a behind the scenes capacity. I knew that he knew a LOT of people but I had no idea how many he affected. He was a volunteer  police officer and it seemed as if every cop in town showed up, including the Chief of Police. His son is an officer in a nearby city and they sent officers as well as a car to lead the procession along with a local police car. Another nearby town also sent an officer. All the local volunteer police were there and the local fire dept. sent a truck and many fire fighters as my brother is a local fire fighter. I guess when you're close to a person you don't see how big their circle of influence is. I think it gave my sister some happiness to see how much so many people thought of her husband.

348tripower

pht46 I am sorry to hear of you loss.
We got good news yesterday. We are headed home Saturday morning. The surgery yesterday was by the plastic surgeon to look at the skin damage. Not a lot was done and she was cleared for travel home. The healing process
is progressing along nicely. I am really tired of Georgia.
Don Colliau

moose

Don that is great news Pass on wishes for a speedy healing

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "348tripower"pht46 I am sorry to hear of you loss.
We got good news yesterday. We are headed home Saturday morning. The surgery yesterday was by the plastic surgeon to look at the skin damage. Not a lot was done and she was cleared for travel home. The healing process
is progressing along nicely. I am really tired of Georgia.

kool.  Sounds like Kimmie is a person that keeps moving forward with her head up...  if you follow my thoughts.

y'all   take care!
Tony

chimp koose

Finally got the proper tap I have been waiting over a month for. Made the steering cross shaft and put the axle back in the car . There will be a little bit of re engineering to do now that all the moving parts are there .Nothing major just relocating the rack a little up and back from where I  first put it.I may also clearance the batwings a little to get a little more  steering angle .

enjenjo

Started putting the house back together, all the block repair is done, and we started hanging drywall. Every time you correct one thing, you find another problem.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

Today I moved everything away from my project car, sorted through the steel I want to make sure to keep, got it down off its cribbing and on tires instead of wooden wheels. It's been a long time since I've seen it sitting on pavement. That different perspective really made me smile. I'm really going to miss it, but it has to go into my brother's spare garage space for the next year. It's all about moving forward...I've been living away from home during the work week for nearly a year and will be in a apartment for the next year. At that point it'll be time for a new house with a new shop and I'll be a lot happier.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)