What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Quote from: "wayne petty"
Quote from: "chimp koose"Correction , I got the right hand tap to finish my steering cross shaft . When I opened the container labeled for a left hand tap , there was a right hand one in there also . I don't know of any more ways the supplier can get this wrong .This is the fourth time they have screwed up this order . It has been nearly a month since I ordered these taps and I am still waiting for the taps to complete my steering cross shaft .I feel like I am on some kind of reality tv show . Good thing there is no deadline for the car to be done.

just goes to show that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing..

i was going to give gag gifts one year..   assortments of Left hand threaded nuts..   i could have given significant amounts as a friend owned a nut and bolt company..  he loved the idea.

We only had one left hand cutting end mill in the shop. Lots of fun when somebody got hold of that.  :lol:
Don Colliau

chimp koose

What I find interesting is how many people believe that if you flip a threaded rod around that it becomes a left hand thread .

GPster

Well some people will say it's cobbled "by the book" but Monday I took my drive shaft to my local expert with over 40 years of experience. After I had identified the "U" joints and determined that they were still the factory original "glued-in" joints in good condition I was prepared to buy new joints and a new tube yoke.  He looked at what I had and said they did them all the time and then offered the extra "I'll machine a bushing for the two different tube sizes, eliminate the section with all those balance weights and it will be far enough from the "U" joints that they won't need replaced". I picked it up yesterday for $30.00 and installed it. It's within a 1/16" of the transmission wear mark that the factory was. Now I'll find something else to over-think and worry about. GPster

phat46

Got a bit of a tough time to get through here. My brother in law, my sisters husband, passed away late last night. He had been struggling in ICU for a couple weeks and finally succumbed. I have known him for 50 years, a truly good person with a great warped sense of humor. Things won't be the same without him.

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat46"Got a bit of a tough time to get through here. My brother in law, my sisters husband, passed away late last night. He had been struggling in ICU for a couple weeks and finally succumbed. I have known him for 50 years, a truly good person with a great warped sense of humor. Things won't be the same without him.

Sorry to hear of your loss. My ex brother in law died last week from a heart attack while working as a conductor on a freight train. They had to stop the train so EMS could come and get him, he was dead at the scene.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

Quote from: "phat46"Got a bit of a tough time to get through here. My brother in law, my sisters husband, passed away late last night. He had been struggling in ICU for a couple weeks and finally succumbed. I have known him for 50 years, a truly good person with a great warped sense of humor. Things won't be the same without him.

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Thoughts and prayers are yours.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

Quote from: "phat46"Got a bit of a tough time to get through here..

Quote from: "enjenjo"My ex brother in law died last week.

Sad news, guys. Peace and comfort to the families involved. :(

I got my first round of arm therapy today and hey! Therapist is NICE :shock:

Theres always a ray of light someplace I reckon.
Matt

348tripower

So sad RIP.
I am headed to Atlanta Georgia this morning.  Thursday afternoon the daughter and son in law were coming home from Florida and stopped to help a dog that was hit by a car. Kurt's Suburban was hit by a 17 year old girl that was texting. It turned the suburban around and it hit Kimmie who was standing off to the front of it. Threw her into the guard rail and tore her arm up really bad. She has had one surgery already and another is on for Monday. She may lose the arm from the elbow down. I have to get mom down there for moral support. Kimmie has always been around to help her mother so its time to be there for her.
Don Colliau

moose

phat46 and Frank Sorry for your losses

Don, Positive thoughts and wishes for a speedy recovery and hope for the best outcome

enjenjo

I am hoping for the best for your daughter Don.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Holy Moly! I hope things go well for all you guys.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

wow.  

Best to the family on the death. Never really easy to deal with

Hope the best for  Kimmie.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

jaybee

Don, thoughts and prayers for your family as well. We'll be hoping for the best.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

purplepickup

Sorry to hear all the bad news. I hope everyone finds ways to deal with these turns in life. My sympathy goes out to you all.
George

Charlie Chops 1940

Man-o-man...bad news always comes in batches it seems like. My sympathy for all.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!