What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

C.K., this is from your area. More what I had in mind.
TEAM SMART

phat46

The machinist where I used to work put a Ford V-6 in his garden tractor, he put a snowblower on it, he said it would put the snow 50 feet away! 😃

wayne petty

now i know how to modify a 2 stage snow blower i need one and some snow..  all we got was a bunch of rain.. some hail and some truly impressive water spouts today..   those who  have to deal with snow blowers.. might want to sit thru this video...  its a LOT of flap.. but if that's what it takes to throw snow against a wall instead of jamming in the chute..

i was thinking he was going to devise an exhaust diversion device to warm the base of the chute.  pehaps just break out the old WD40... nope..  this guys a real flapper..

i even had a friend stop by with some exotic stuff last week..  brought over the right hand relay box from an 85 lambo countach with EFI one of 20 retrofitted that way. .  they could only get one fuel pump to run..  somebody had attempted to bypass the fuel pump relay coil ground connection by powering it with positive. burning the circuit board trace on this to a crisp.. this was a fairly simple fix once i got the part in my hands..  a few pictures https://imgur.com/a/PflPt  i have fixed so many circuit boards with solder wick that i actually keep 2 different sizes in my solder station tote.

some day i may get my hands on it so i can can reverse engineer the wiring for the efi.  no prints exist for this one.. only the 4 valve V12. i will eventually get pictures of the car.. it just came out of the paint shop and it was still had tape and needed to be  well cleaned..  the body guy got stuff all over the engine as you see..

wayne petty

something else brilliant. to help the ice fishermen

http://i.imgur.com/7ts2ySw.gifv

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

jaybee

I've never seen such detail of the inside of an Offy. They are wild little engines!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "wayne petty"some of you will enjoy this..

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/1504-assembling-270ci-offenhauser-indycar-engine-step/

Thanks, Wayne!

Would those valve lash settings be correct as written?  .0016" & .0018" ??

Not much room for thermal expansion, if that is correct.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

enjenjo

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"
Quote from: "wayne petty"some of you will enjoy this..

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/1504-assembling-270ci-offenhauser-indycar-engine-step/

Thanks, Wayne!

Would those valve lash settings be correct as written?  .0016" & .0018" ??

Not much room for thermal expansion, if that is correct.
No, they are not correct, It should be .016, and .018.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

My grandson Josh just bought a house, and wanted new doors for the garage. So I went down to Menards and picked up new doors for him. While I was there, I picked up a new door for my shop, along with an opener.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

I sold my house today! The price is right where I wanted it to be. Now...where am I going to live next?

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "jaybee"I sold my house today! The price is right where I wanted it to be. Now...where am I going to live next?

I hear Florida is nice in a few areas
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

The 51 is back in the shop. I'll be working on wiring until it's done. It has warmed up so it won't take much to heat the shop.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Weeks ago: I was on a website: Find a Grave dot com...  I was typing in random names I know.  Found a memorial for my mother... hmm, I did not place it, nor had my brother.

on to different names typed in ... I find another memorial.  It seems they are looking for a burial site of this person. He died in 1964 commercial airplane crash in Las Vegas.  His wife and child were on the plane too.  I knew where they were buried in Phoenix.. Long story on how I knew

So, I send a mesage to the person that posted the memorial with the information on where  the people were buried.  That night I receive a surprised & happy response.

Since that night, the cousins looking for family members lost in 1964, learned where they are buried. Learned what the wife and childs names were.  AND that the deceased guy had fathered a child in 1962 that he never knew of.  I went to the cemetery and took photos of the grave sites.  I emailed the photos to the cousins back east

The few family members that knew where the victims of the plane crash were buried, that information died with them.  No remaining family knew where the deceased folks were located.  They were thinking the folks were buried in Las Vegas area and had searched there with no luck.

I have since put the searching cousins in touch with the guy that was fathered by their deceased cousin. They had thought the blood line had died in the plane crash. The blood line caries on, with a different name.... another  story.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

jaybee

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "jaybee"I sold my house today! The price is right where I wanted it to be. Now...where am I going to live next?

I hear Florida is nice in a few areas

Well, since I've been working in Kansas City for the past 10 1/2 months that seems to suggest itself as a good choice.   :P