What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Tom 36 , have a great day and congrats!

Rrumbler

Congratulations Tom and Mrs. Tom, that's a fairly elite club these days; we passed our 50 last October.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

jaybee

It is a big accomplishment, and congratulations!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

Congrats on the number 50 anniversary

Swapped brake rotor on my Goldwing.  Kinda simple process once the bike is in the air.  Swap over the tone ring for the ABS.

I run a non motorcycle spec Michelin tire on the rear
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

crosley , non bike guy asking a bike question here. With the flatter tread face of the auto tire does the bike handle any different ? Does the bike weight play into that ?

Carps

Way to go Tom & Mrs Tom, that's one heckuva milestone, may there be many more.   :D
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "chimp koose"crosley , non bike guy asking a bike question here. With the flatter tread face of the auto tire does the bike handle any different ? Does the bike weight play into that ?

The bike requires a bit different riding technique. Something an experienced  rider adapts to. I've had no problems in curves or tighter  twistys at speed

The car tire has a higher weight rating than a cycle tire. This Michelin is a Zero Pressure tire (run flat) . The tire has a stiffer sidewall.  Traction in rain and on loose surface is better than a cycle tire.

Plus about 3 times the mileage over a cycle tire. This tire has about 11k miles on it.  Still looks new.  My rear cycle tires on a Goldwing would last me about 12 - 13k miles.  Front cycle tire just replaced 2 weeks ago had 22k miles at a cost of 160 dollars with the wheel off the bike
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

A friend of mine put a car tire on the back of his Wing and loves it.  I still had a couple new cycle tires for mine, so I didn't get to try it.  When I sold mine in '13, the new unmounted tires went with it.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

tom36

Quote from: "enjenjo"Congratulations. She could have done better, but you may have hidden assets  :roll:

Like the country song says, "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was" :  :wink:
Thanks to all for the good wishes.  Tom...

WZ JUNK

At 66 I am nearly the youngest on my street.  Several families have someone ill or recovering from surgery.  I have cleaned off 6 driveways when we get snow.  I did them all this morning in two hours.  Thank god I bought a snow blower.  It was not a lot of snow but everyone needs to be able to get in and out in case of an emergency.

I am paying forward.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

Yesterday was snow blower day for me. I'd kind of like to build a Tool Time style unit. How much power would be too much or just enough? :)
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

It's still snowing here, so I'm going to wait until I crank up the snowblower.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"It's still snowing here, so I'm going to wait until I crank up the snowblower.

Same here. I hope this clears up quick, I am supposed to go to Montecello Il to pick up soda tuesday.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "58 Yeoman"It's still snowing here, so I'm going to wait until I crank up the snowblower.

Same here. I hope this clears up quick, I am supposed to go to Montecello Il to pick up soda tuesday.

Frank, aren't you supposed to warm up by Tuesday?
We're going to get back to near normal temps by them, they are forecasting 36 for Tuesday! I just saw 32.4 on my thermometer, that's the first above freezing I have seen in about six weeks! That's also 65 degrees warmer than it was a week or so ago! 😄

chimp koose

KB426 I think the idea with snow blowers is to get just enough power to throw the snow back where it came from. No sense in moving it twice!