What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I spent the day at the dragstrip with Hooley and the "Okie Twister" HenryJ.  Lots of excitement.   I made a pass in the old truck just so I could say that I have ran at every nostalgia event there for the last 15 years.  Hooley's first pass was almost a disaster as he came out in a wheelstand and then got all crossed up and up on his side.  The starter said that Hooley's zoomie headers touch the track and that saved him but I do not think he was that far over on his side.  He was the fastest car in the field with most of his passes in the 8.8's.  He won the gasser class.  It was a great day.

John

I found some video of Hooley's first run.  If you play it, you may want your speakers turned down as the camera operator gets vocal after the run.  

[ Invalid Facebook URL ].519130571539393&type=2&theater

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

phat46

What a save! The camera man is funny!

idrivejunk

Lots of interesting projects among the group here, cool stuff. Torque boxes, home improvements, wicked fishtailing, ah. Heres that peek under the hood of my this year's project ... We got our first look at the interior and front bumper today and before we left, all the front end chrome went on. Even the little "V8" not shown in pic, at the grille's center. By the way yes it sounds great. The air intake is still being paint-worked. Getting close but its down to the wire now. I'm not planning to attend the show with it, I'd rather work and rest like usual. I may have said wrong before, but it should be at the Hemmings booth.

I'm told ts a 41 1 ton cab so we call it "the '41" but to me it says 39. I'm a 65-75 GM car guy though.

One of the cool things not really visible in this pic is the fact that the inner and outer fenders have been seamlessly "unitized" on each side. (My one and only idea used on this one) At the end of the day we were discussing what finish should be used on the backside of the front bumper. I think we should ditch the gaskets and that the brackets should be dark not chrome. The fender openings for them are sleeved a couple inches deep, radiused and body color. What'cha think?

Matt

chimp koose

that truck looks nice! wow!

416Ford

That is a pretty truck. My car is a 46 with a 41 front end. Vickie calls it a 46 and I call it a forty one six.
Black brackets and clean the rubbers up so they blend with the black. My $.02 opinion.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

GPster

I think the rubber should be left off and the bumper brackets should be chrome. There doesn't need to be an additional color to that front and by making the fenders/wells one piece why would you try to complicate a picture that you were trying to simplify. GPster

idrivejunk

Thanks for the input. Chrome brackets don't bother me as much as gaskets do. We're gonna look at it without gaskets and decide. I do think a low gloss black or body color would be the thing for the back of the bumper because anything there will be reflected in the face of the fenders. I bet we end up going chrome brackets with no gaskets or trimmed gaskets that sit inside the edge of the hole. Its more fun when you're down to these types of decisions, thats fer shur!
Matt

kb426

Last night I was in Salina Ks. to see Heart. If you're not a rocker that won't mean anything. I got to testdrive a 2015 Mustang. It was the base v6 auto model. I believe it's better than the previous gen. I came home today and cleaned out the shop some. The parts that I can't find, are still missing. I've wrote them off and I'll buy replacements. It was 87 degrees here today. Almost like summer!
TEAM SMART

phat46

I tried the melted wax on a rusted bolt trick today. I was changing the front shocks on my DD Dodge pickup and my acetylene tank was empty. So I heated the top nut for a few minutes with a propane torch, melted the wax (candle) into it and it broke loose. This being a twelve year old Michigan truck, I was quite impressed!

enjenjo

Friday I put up the last piece of siding on my shop. It only took two years. Now the back shop has to be reroofed, I have all the material. I just need to do it.

I have been working on this 34 Ford, the front spring needed to be replaced, and I discovered the angle of the shackle hole on the perch pin, was not the same angle as the spring end, so I picked up a pair of adjustable perch pins. The first one came out fine with a few taps with a brass hammer. The second one will not move. Since it's a chrome axle, I can't use too much heat, I used penetrant, and heated it with a heat gun, still no go. I spent an hour today making an adapter for my ball joint press, so I can put some pressure on it while heating it. We'll see.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Block sanding! Woo Hoo!  :lol:
TEAM SMART

phat rat

Quote from: "kb426"The parts that I can't find, are still missing. I've wrote them off and I'll buy replacements.

Well buying replacements is one way of finding the lost ones :wink:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

phat rat, the good news is that they're all small and not expensive! Because the project began better than a year ago, I don't remember if they were even on the truck much less useable. :)
TEAM SMART

phat rat

Quote from: "kb426"phat rat, the good news is that they're all small and not expensive! Because the project began better than a year ago, I don't remember if they were even on the truck much less useable. :)

Great
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Crosley.In.AZ

This may qualify as :  If there are no pictures, it never happened ?  LOL

Changed a few 8 foot light tubes (non LED)  out in my shop.  FYI:  if by accident one hits the floor, the pieces fly about 20 feet.

Not a smooth weekend.  I actually am waiting for monday morning to get here
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)