What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikej

That would be my thoughts also. I think the LED is going to be our choice in the near future. Its just a little mercury in the other ones. Mercury bad, mercury good...................

moose

Found this sprung up in the back yard!!!!

kb426

Merry Christmas to Moose!!! It's been decades since I had a stand alone shop to use. That has to be great.
TEAM SMART

phat rat

Took a quick trip to Terre haute In. today. Left at odark30 and was back before dark. I sold the old crew cab dually with no drivetrain in it and had to deliver as the guy didn't have a big enough trailer
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

purplepickup

Quote from: "moose"Found this sprung up in the back yard!!!!
That's going to be a nice retirement gift to yourself Moose.  It looks like plenty of room to fill up with projects. :D

There must be something in the air here in Michigan.  This has been growing by my cabin up north this summer.  It's a project for my nephew and me.  Hope to have the roof on next week.
George

WZ JUNK

My little project at the shop is nothing like what you guys have been up to, but I wanted this slab out front for many years now.  We poured it Thursday.  Like my other construction projects this summer, it cost about twice the amount that I planned.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

moose

George,
Nice looking addition. Storage or more living area?

John,
The approach will be nice! I know about cost overruns...

My new home is a 30 X 40 with 10 foot ceiling. I do not know if I will get the heat up this season but it will be nice to have a place to gather all my toys together!

Ohio Blue Tip

I guess it's been a building year.  My summers work was a 24' x 16' deck with a 12' gazebo.  Lots of work for an old man!
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

WZ JUNK

Very nicely done Ken.  I can picture you on that deck cooking up something real tasty.

I know Frank has been doing a lot of carpenter work this summer too.  It must have been a year that a lot of us needed things fixed or built.  Now, let the snow fly and let us get to the inside of the garages.  Put down the claw hammer and pick up the ball peen.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

enjenjo

I have one piece of siding to put up and the shop will be done. We still have the new trusses in the back shop to finish. and the new metal roof to put on.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

As far as carpentry work this summer the most requested project has been to raise the ceiling of the chicken run that's in front of the coop. Luckily Linda is only 5'1" tall so that job wasn't impossible to accomplish. Sealed the ribs of the roofing with foam yesterday where it lays on the run's walls. Migrant birds were getting under it to nest. Not to imply that it didn't need done because now I won't have to run the rototiller on my knees when I till the run's ground so it's easier for the "Girls" to take their dust bath. Still working on the bulkhead wiring connector on the Jeepster. Been using aerosol brake parts cleaner and I think it will get the job done. GPster

WZ JUNK

I spent the day at the dragstrip with Hooley and the "Okie Twister" HenryJ.  Lots of excitement.   I made a pass in the old truck just so I could say that I have ran at every nostalgia event there for the last 15 years.  Hooley's first pass was almost a disaster as he came out in a wheelstand and then got all crossed up and up on his side.  The starter said that Hooley's zoomie headers touch the track and that saved him but I do not think he was that far over on his side.  He was the fastest car in the field with most of his passes in the 8.8's.  He won the gasser class.  It was a great day.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Crosley.In.AZ

You guys  new buildings & add-ons look good.   Always nice to get a place to work in.

My brother & I attended a gathering for our old grade school on saturday evening.  2 of the OE teachers were there.  In their mid 80's now.

Its 53 yrs since my brother graduated, 46 yrs for me.  

We were looking thru old class photos there. My bro comments : " no pics  from 1961". This woman looks at us and says: I was not even born yet in 61.  Neither my brother or I said anything , we smiled
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

416Ford

Went to patch a hole in the RH floor of 68 Torino. 1 hour job turned into a 4 hour job and I am not done yet. Ran out of gas for the welder. Back at it tonight I hope.

Little hole in floor pan.

The surprise underneath it.

Welding the torque box back up.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

416Ford

Buttoned up the R front floor welding wise last night.

You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.