What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

416Ford

Great story GP. Made the start of my day.
Frank, can you tell me why there are two holes on each side of the exhaust?
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

enjenjo

Quote from: "416Ford"Great story GP. Made the start of my day.
Frank, can you tell me why there are two holes on each side of the exhaust?

In some of the big cube Windsor engines, they port the exhaust considerably, and use the second set of holes for big tube headers.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I'm working on fuel lines. pics tomorrow.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"I'm working on fuel lines. pics tomorrow.

Strange ...Me too ... :shock:

I'm under the "New to Me" DD pickup trying to seal all the brake & fuel lines with Rustoleum in an attempt to keep them from rusting .... :idea:
At 15 years old, this is probably the cleanest vehicle I have ever bought..
 I want this one to last a LONG-LONG time .... :D
 ( Sorry ..No photos to follow .. :lol: )

Bob........ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "jaybee"No question about it, the rust monster gained a lot of strength when they introduced brine spray.

Just wait until you see beet juice.

Is the beet juice corrosive?

Guys are using it in tractor tires to replace calcium chloride solution for ballast.  ....They are trying to get away from the corrosion caused by the ca/cl.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

enjenjo

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"
Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "jaybee"No question about it, the rust monster gained a lot of strength when they introduced brine spray.

Just wait until you see beet juice.

Is the beet juice corrosive?

Guys are using it in tractor tires to replace calcium chloride solution for ballast.  ....They are trying to get away from the corrosion caused by the ca/cl.

In combination with salt, it makes the salt stick to the car, and much harder to wash off.

enjenjo

Worked on the back shop again today. We have half of the trusses done. We have to do some more demolition before we can do the other end, and the trailer has to be emptied before more demo can be done.

idrivejunk

Its a dreary one so I went out and spooked a mailbox or two. Can't let the weekend get by without some V8 noise. So I share for you-

These pics will take you to short videos on Photobucket if you click them: (be sure to crank up the sound)

This one was a couple days ago in the wrong wheel driver. I made some slots in the stock airbox to let blower whine out, ha! Not sure which car is faster but I know which one is cooler.

I love my Grand Prixs even if they are 30 years apart!
Matt

enjenjo

Yesterday Shelby's boyfriend mowed the lawn.There is an air hose that runs from the front shop, to the rear shop. He ran over it with the mower, and cut it in several pieces. I replaced the hose early this spring, when Josh got my truck stuck on top of it, and burned it in two trying to get out.

Last fall I ran a 1 1/2" plastic conduit underground between the shops, so Fatcat and I pulled an electric cable, a 5/8" plastic air line, and a RG 6 Video cable into the conduit last night. Today I hooked every thing up, so now I have air, 220 V electric,and TV cable in the back shop.

WZ JUNK

My wife bought me a kit to build a working model Trebuchet (catapult) for my recent birthday.  Simple kit, that took two weeks to build.  Of course I had to modify it to make it better.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Charlie Chops 1940

Now you need a scale VW to toss with it!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

idrivejunk

Roughed in the '41 roll pan and outlets

Matt

jaybee

I really like the way that looks. A good through the bodywork exhaust always seems to look good.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

wayne petty

craigslist accidental find.. to a forum post to the cover of hot rod magazine..

sometimes it all works out...

be sure to click the last link on page 2..

http://forums.highperformancepontiac.com/70/9540578/pontiac-restoration/55-hilborn-injected-pontiac-you-have-to-see-quickl/

here is the cover image..

http://www.hotrod.com/toc/hot_rod_0814_toc/

Charlie Chops 1940

I'm doing brake line clamps on the '40 Ford coupe this morning after running some new front lines due to a master cylinder change. The whole system on the car had one broken plastic clamp and 2 wire ties.

Also re-routed the rear line to follow the X rail to a new residual valve and on to the master. I'm feeding out of the master towards the center of the car so that I won't be running exhaust parallel to the brake lines.

Easy stuff when you "get over" the prior poor workmanship.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!