What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikej

Put the Kiwanis' Nativity Scene up. 9 degrees this morning. Fingers don't work well with gloves on. Better than -40 though :lol:

Crosley.In.AZ

Bought new Optima Battery for my truck on saturday. The Optima battery I traded in was bought in March 2001. That battery was barely starting my 1962 Falcon inline 6.

The old Optima from my truck is in the Falcon now... the car starts much better
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

Hanging a replacement door on the back of Mrs. Ugly's Astro  Van ...

$^&*$%^*#%^&&   Frozen hinge pins  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:

( The old door came off using the "Sawzall"  method... :idea: )

Bob ...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

I scooped more snow today. The sun finally came out so it's melting a little.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I bought a couple electric space heaters, to keep the house warm until the parts come in for the furnace :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

They always break down at the worst time, don't they? Not when it's 40 degrees and you need it some, always when it's bitterly cold.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

58 Yeoman

Finally made time to strip the '83 Trans Am.  Got the engine, trans, T-tops and steering column today.  I sold most of the 'good' stuff; hood, deck lid, dash, wheels/tires, etc.  Now, it's ready for the scrappers.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

wayne petty

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Finally made time to strip the '83 Trans Am.  Got the engine, trans, T-tops and steering column today.  I sold most of the 'good' stuff; hood, deck lid, dash, wheels/tires, etc.  Now, it's ready for the scrappers.

chop off the frame horn behind where the steering box mounts... and the triangular brackets that bolt between the bottom of both frame horns and the cross member..  save the 3 special shape bolts from each reinforcement..

the early 3rd gen Fbodies had terrible issues with the steering boxes coming loose when the frame fatigued and cracked.... so it should be a great Ebay item

also pop the sway bar brackets off and look and see if there is a cross bar bolted on under them that connects the left and right frame bracket together..

this is like the wonder bars or montecarlo bars.. used above.   really tightens up the steering... and that model probably has a ws6 fast ratio box..   some cars had a factory reinforcement bar added.. others had aftermarket versions bolted in...

i always wanted to make one that fit between the idler arm bracket bolts and the steering box... but was like a triangulated ladder bar.. with a clamp around the box near the hoses..  another around the big end.. and the third either around the lower case just slightly above where the pitman shaft comes out.. or with the replacement nut like dodge trucks and jeeps use to limit the reaction from all pushing pulling and twisting..

Crosley.In.AZ

Replaced some 8 foot long  T12 bulbs in the shop.. around 8 buck$  a bulb now.  6500k rating ,
Tony

WZ JUNK

My friend Doug Lee came by today with his prototype turbo intake manifold for the GM Duramax engine.  The picture I took is not very good but you get the idea.  It is all made in his shop.  It has an internal inner cooler and the water connections are the four large threaded holes you see.  The connection for the turbo piping is on the other side.  I think he said it is designed for 80 psi boost pressure.   A beautiful piece of work.  Doug has helped us a lot with parts for Hooley's Studebaker and he also made the oil pan for the Flatcad Flathead Cadillac engine.  Doug's website is    http://www.propan.net/

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Arnold

Waiting for the Highway Plow to come and clear my road so the furnace guy can  come and fix my furnace :lol: . (One time the Highway plow did come..but after 3 tries to ram through it  gave up :lol: ..and they came back with a different machine..3 DAYS LATER)
My road in front of my house can go from zero to wind whipped up serious snow pack/density (just leave the HD 2500 Police Suburban 4x4 in the drive) in a few hours.
Oh well..I have power..a generator..heaters..wood stove too :idea:

Crosley.In.AZ

Had to rip out a gate  & posts.  replace with stronger , less rusted out posts.

Turns out one upright post was getting filed with rain water and being held in. It rotted out at the base.

New posts are 3 inch square. Should last till I am dead or till I am  more feeble & dont care.

Saturday, the gate is remounted ; I hope
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Turkey day morning I built this flower yard art deal for my wife.  She has waited about 6 yrs for this one... 2 more to build

Almost finished... I will add a few more larger flowers.  It will be allowed to "rust up"  as that is "in" now a daze.

Flower pieces are laser cut material...
Tony

enjenjo

I replaced the blower motor on the shop furnace, again, second time in two weeks. I bought an A O Smith replacement motor two weeks ago, it did not work right from the get go. It took a dump wednesday.I replaced it today with a vintage GE motor, and it works fine. They are giving me a refund on the A O Smith motor.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Replacement parts in general are scarey. Every time I buy something I wonder if it will work.
TEAM SMART