What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

So the trailer is fixed, the sandblaster is fixed, of course the shop furnace goes out.  :shock: Parts should be in today.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Mikej

Worked on the Kiwanis' Nativity Scene the last 2 days. Ready to put it up next Saturday. Time go home and watch the last NASCAR race. Rooting for Jimmy. Wife has let me drive the Volt since I brought it home. She put gas in it yesterday. A Lady there thought they didn't need gas. :lol:  We are going to get a lot of that. Just like taking the coupe out. Every trip to the gas station is a car show. She was over 200 miles to the gallon but she drove it to the city and back on gas. :shock:

Crosley.In.AZ

multiple things this weekend.  

I used a Harbor Freight windsheild chip repair kit.  Followed instructions eggzackly.  It worked very well on 1983 Monte Carlo.

Car had a chip about size of quarter. The slight star cracks and the bubble circle in the middle.  All that shows now is the center spot where the stone hit.  IF you look close, sure you see the out lines slightly, but I am very happy
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

Completed the annual changeover from "Summer to Winter" ..... :roll:

All the summer time decorations & yard equipment put away ...  :(

All the Wintertime tools & equipment in place & ready for Winter ....  :cry:

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

phat rat

Installed a 70 gal auxiliary fuel tank in my brothers truck yesterday and finished up the small details this morning. He delivers RV's so this will really let him take advantage of low fuel prices when he sees them. He's left here and will be delivering a 36' 5th wheel to Pa. tomorrow. He started doing this in June and has been in 26 states and put 53,000 mi on his new truck since then.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

GPster

Well I got the rear tires back on the Jeepster today and got it back down on the ground. After spending days researching parking brakes cables and getting new ones and then discovering that the shoe anchors were worn and not finding replacements available the brakes are nicely assembled in two piles and gathered under the work bench. I thought it was a wise move going to the 4wd rear end and getting the extra width. I was excited when a rear end came available at a reasonable price. Now I'll have things to look for at swap meets in the spring. GPster

enjenjo

I drove down to Wapakanatta Oh today, and bought 5 Mustang T5 transmissions, three of which have never been in a car. I am ashamed to say what I paid for them, but it was his asking price.

enjenjo

Josh and I installed a new ring and Pinion in an 8.8 Ford rear end today. Went from a 3.08 to a 3.73.

I also tore down a NWC T5, only to find it was a T4. Now I have to convert it to a 5 speed. No big deal, just installing the OD gears, and a shift rail.

kb426

Blowing and shoveling snow. I hate winter!
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Today it was -36C here -40C is the same as -40F. I could shovel but I cracked my ribs and its too cold out to shovel anyways.The nice thing about snow is that you can always pile it up out of your way,not so easy with other forms of precipitation.Did I mention I am on happy pills for pain?

kb426

Chimp, that whole description sounds terrible. I suppose it will be at least 6 weeks before you're better?
TEAM SMART

Glen

24 hours of rain, I think my next project is going to be an Ark

chimp koose

Doc says 4-6 wks. The worst was a couple days ago.I had injured myself last friday and I was handling it on my own with just some tylenol and it seemed like I had weathered out the worst. Any time you go in with ribs there is just about nothing they can do but prescribe and say poor you. Anyways ,I was just about to go back to work for my night class and I had to cough! That put me on the floor!It felt like my ribs crossed over each other again. I finished up my night class and went in for the real meds.I have been off work for the last 2 days.Try again monday.I wanted to go in this weekend and finish up motor mounts on the T coupe but that will have to wait.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"24 hours of rain, I think my next project is going to be an Ark

yuuup.

most of the yards here are flooded like we irrigated them.... cept we didn't
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Bought some LED flashlites at Home Depot... 9.88 for a pair. Not plastic, some type of alloy metal

These are basic On- Off lite switch.  Not low - high - flash  3 way switch type lites.  Came with basic batterys.

Good for in vehicle use , motorcycle, around the shop.  Good quality lite, I like them...
Tony