What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

papastoyss

Quote from: "phat rat"I sold the 52 last night and am getting ready to leave for Huntsville Al area Tues to deliver it. I'm going to find out a little sooner than expected how the new (to me) diesel dually does for mileage hauling the trailer
Too late, there was a decent swap meet Sat. at CBI performance outside of Athens, Al.Myself & Earl Schieb went & found enough to make it worthwhile.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

phat rat

Just my luck. Athens is where it's going
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "enjenjo"So are you retiring, or just changing jobs?

Retiring from the printing trade AND changing jobs

later jim

You can go after your dream of ballet dancing?  :wink:

You promised not to tell :oops:

Reach for the stars Jim.

My dream is to be a dog groomer. Specialize in little yappy , quivering , bulging eyes, dogs
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

Quote from: "Crosley"

My dream is to be a dog groomer. Specialize in little yappy , quivering , bulging eyes, dogs

Somehow I have trouble picturing you as the Vidal Sassoon of the Chihuahua beauty world.  But hey....who am I to say... some guys like yappy, quivering, bulgy eyed women too...
George

kb426

TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "enjenjo"So are you retiring, or just changing jobs?

Retiring from the printing trade AND changing jobs

later jim

Gee Jim....  What will they wrap the fish in after you're gone   :?:  :?:  :lol:

Good Luck & enjoy ...... 8)

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

phat rat

Did a bit of driving yesterday and today, 1350 mi. I delivered the 52 to the guy in Al. Left yesterday  morning and got back a couple of hours ago. Pleased with the dually diesel, I got a high of 15.1 mpg and a low of 13.1 mpg. From everything I've been told and read when I get a tuner in it I can expect better.

Mikej

We bought a 2013 Volt. Had it a day. Haven't put any gas in it yet. :lol:  All the electronic are overwhelming.................but it drives nice. The 2013 has where you can run on the motor instead of the batteries. Why would you want to do that you ask. Batteries only go 40 miles so if you go on a longer trip you can save the batteries for in town driving. Wife likes.

river1

Quote from: "Mikej"Wife likes.

Most important thing :wink:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

rooster

Quote from: "Mikej"We bought a 2013 Volt. Had it a day. Haven't put any gas in it yet. :lol:  All the electronic are overwhelming.................but it drives nice. The 2013 has where you can run on the motor instead of the batteries. Why would you want to do that you ask. Batteries only go 40 miles so if you go on a longer trip you can save the batteries for in town driving. Wife likes.

Question:
If you used all your battery up and started your gas engine to drive does it also charge the batterys also?

Well done!! Keep us informed!

BFS57

Hello;
The saga continues. Worked on the Chevy all day today! Got most of it striped down to deliver it to the shop tomorrow! Wish me luck! The shop is about 4 blocks from my house. They are always busy so I think I will get a good paint/experience from this. Price is just over 6K. Thats to fix rust and install floor pans plus 2 tone 2 stage paint.
Found out today the the self stick  (foil backed) insulation is dangerous! That stuff will cut the poop out of you! Of course I found out the hard way.
Had rusted screws to fight with but one of the seat belt anchor bolts was absolutely astounding to remove!! But so far, so good.

Bruce

enjenjo

I went over to my dad and mom's house,and put up a steel shed for them.mom said she doesn't know how I can stand to work with him, and I told her it was easy, just ignore him and do what I want.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

Quote from: "enjenjo"I went over to my dad and mom's house,and put up a steel shed for them.mom said she doesn't know how I can stand to work with him, and I told her it was easy, just ignore him and do what I want.

Now a question Is that what Fat Cat does with his dad? :lol:

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "enjenjo"I went over to my dad and mom's house,and put up a steel shed for them.mom said she doesn't know how I can stand to work with him, and I told her it was easy, just ignore him and do what I want.

Now a question Is that what Fat Cat does with his dad? :lol:

For the most part, yes :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Mikej

Quote from: "rooster"
Quote from: "Mikej"We bought a 2013 Volt. Had it a day. Haven't put any gas in it yet. :lol:  All the electronic are overwhelming.................but it drives nice. The 2013 has where you can run on the motor instead of the batteries. Why would you want to do that you ask. Batteries only go 40 miles so if you go on a longer trip you can save the batteries for in town driving. Wife likes.

Question:
If you used all your battery up and started your gas engine to drive does it also charge the batterys also?

Well done!! Keep us informed!

I don't think so, it has the regenerative brakes. I've got a lot more to learn about it. We're going to take it on a 1000 mile trip at thanksgiving. Will know more about it after that. I know I will need the 220 volt charger instead of the 110v. The 110v is to slow. Going to see if the REC will let me put on my lower rate meter. And maybe a rebate. The wife did make it to work and back on the batteries yesterday. She is having fun.