What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Tony, my table is one of the most useful tools I own. I wish I would have bought the high lift version when I bought mine about 6 years ago. I bought mine from recommendations on this forum.
TEAM SMART

Glen

good news, they found a tear in the frame rail up near a crossmember just on the visual inspection.  The insurance company involved has a policy of not replacing frames so there is no reason to look any further or setup and measure.  They will cut me a check asap to get me out of the rental to reduce their expense.  I sent in the order today for the new F350 Lariat.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"good news, they found a tear in the frame rail up near a crossmember just on the visual inspection.  The insurance company involved has a policy of not replacing frames so there is no reason to look any further or setup and measure.  They will cut me a check asap to get me out of the rental to reduce their expense.  I sent in the order today for the new F350 Lariat.

Hopefully your medical is not much of an argument...  I look forward to seeing your F350 truck...  A dual or single rear wheel.... seems like you said dually?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat rat

I sold the 52 last night and am getting ready to leave for Huntsville Al area Tues to deliver it. I'm going to find out a little sooner than expected how the new (to me) diesel dually does for mileage hauling the trailer
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

Jack, you're in for quite a trip. If you're into motorcycles at all, you might consider a side trip to the Barber Motorsports Museum at Birmingham Alabama. I expect a good story when you return.
TEAM SMART

Charlie Chops 1940

I'll second the Barber museum. It's amazing!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat rat

Thanks for the tip, but I'm not into bikes and I'll be 100 mi north of there. I'm going down Tues and coming back on Wed. Well coming back Wed is the plan right now but you never know
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

river1

Here is what I did yesterday.

After just shy of 33 years it was time to go. Lots of changes over the years some good, a lot not so much. I'll need to find another job sooner then later but not right away.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

kb426

Best wishes, Jim. 33 years at one job is an accomplishment.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

So are you retiring, or just changing jobs?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

I'm hoping Jim is fully vested in his union retirement plan .

All I did this weekend was some yard work, litle work on vehicles, went to a swap meet sunday morning.

I may take a break from swap meets again. For About 4 yrs I did not visit any auto type swap meets. Couple yrs ago I started back in on swap meets.  Usually a few deals to be had, Some reasonable prices on some parts.  most items way over priced for condition they are in.

Looked at a early round body Ranchero this morning. Ruff is a term to use.  Engine non operational - apart..  Every inch on the vehicle was banged, surface rust to rust-rust. Glass? Interior remanants. Grill? Headlites?   It did have a title per the sign on it..  $1500.00 , I guess that is a starting place for price. I will not touch a vehicle any more unless it has a proper title.
Tony

river1

Quote from: "enjenjo"So are you retiring, or just changing jobs?

Retiring from the printing trade AND changing jobs

later jim

Glen

Quote from: "Crosley"I look forward to seeing your F350 truck...  A dual or single rear wheel.... seems like you said dually?

Yes, DRW, crew cab, 4x2, Charcoal Gray, Lariat, black interior, leather.  I did not intend to buy a lariat but I cant pass up the package price and all the add ons that come with it.  I really look forward to having the back up camera, its mounted in the tailgate handle and you can see the trailer ball.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "river1"

later jim

You can go after your dream of ballet dancing?  :wink:
Tony

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "river1"

later jim

You can go after your dream of ballet dancing?  :wink:

You promised not to tell :oops: