What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Well I finally got to put some color on the COE.  I am pretty happy with the final product. All day Saturday and Sunday prepping and painting. With that I only got the fenders doors hood and side skirts done. Pictures will follow later in the week. I am going to try and shoot the cab this weekend.
I have spent countless hours blocking this out and it showed.  :D  Nice and flat panels. The only problem I came across was getting my metallic to lay out flat. :(  I will use a drop coat next time. There is so much metallic in the paint that it is terribly hard to strain. I also need a coarser filter in my gun. It wanted to plug it up also. I wish I had the week off to paint some more.
Don
Don Colliau

bucketmouth

Well I've started cleaning cars and getting our display ready for our Street Rod and Street Machine Spectacular Show this weekend. I've entered my bucket with my sons roadster and my two brothers cars a 34 roadster and 35 coupe.
I've tried not to leave things to the last minute but hell plans are meant to be messed with.
After this weekends show I'll post some pix. It's midnight down here and I'm still working on our display.
I was driving my 34 down the freeway today when an all mighty noise broke out at 65mph. I thought the worse a big end or something but after close inspection I found the tranny inspection cover had come loose. What a relief that was. I removed the cover and drove on home to carry on with the show preps.
Till the weekend....
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

moose

Rearranging the garage to pull the engine in my 36. Gotta change the flexplate and starter.  :shock:  :(  :evil:

chimp koose

finally started replacing metal in the 1/2 ton.Got the bottom A pillar welded in and the tops of both fenders too. Next its doing the bottom rear of both fenders and then cab corners.Nice to actually start putting things back together.

enjenjo

Finished up the gas door on the AD truck.Then I repaired a rechargable work light, had to do a bit of rewire to make it work.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

Upper inner fenders repaired,fenders all welded up. Next is front cab mounts,then cab corners.the 65 is starting to look decent.

enjenjo

Yesterday afternoon I went up to the county seat, and renewed my drivers licence. Today I finished up the fuel door, I made a hinge cover, and I took care of some details, After that, I fabricated a rack mount to install a Marval rack on a 35 Plymoutn with a straight axle.

By the way, Shelby passed her drivers licence test today with flying colors.

bowtietillidie

Please Please...... Show pictures  Would love to see what you did to get a Rack & pinion to work on a parallel leaf spring car.   Did you mount the Rack on the axel or Frame.     If on the frame how did you clear the rack between the spring and the frame .  If the rack is mounted to the axel how did you get every thing between the Rack and the steering column to work without binding when a bump is crossed   Have more dumb questions .....  but this will hopefully get some opinions  and different ways to do this kind of engineering started
BOWTIETILLIDIE

chimp koose

Cab mounts repaired ,now on to the cab corners.I will hopefully get to the filler stage this weekend.

enjenjo

Quote from: "bowtietillidie"Please Please...... Show pictures  Would love to see what you did to get a Rack & pinion to work on a parallel leaf spring car.   Did you mount the Rack on the axel or Frame.     If on the frame how did you clear the rack between the spring and the frame .  If the rack is mounted to the axel how did you get every thing between the Rack and the steering column to work without binding when a bump is crossed   Have more dumb questions .....  but this will hopefully get some opinions  and different ways to do this kind of engineering started

Well, first I used a end take off rack that just steers from the right side like a normal cross steer box. Second the springs were moved to the outside of the frame to lower the front without a dropped axle. And three, the rack is actually below the spring, so it clears with no problem.  

It's a modified setup made for 28 to 34 Fords, I modified the bracket to fit the Mopar frame, which is factory boxed. It uses the stock steering box mounting holes, and has a second bracket I designed to capture the frame between two brackets. I'll post a picture of the bracket when it comes back from powder coating.

The owner has driven the car, and reports it steers very well. I had to redo the bracket because I felt the drag link was too close to the tie rod. Not hitting, but closer than I wanted it.

alchevy

Quote from: "Jokester"Put windshield wiper kit in my 34 Chevy coupe.  Used Specialty Wipers.  Mounted the motor in the quarter panel behind the driver's seat.  It's really quiet and works great.  The wife is happy that this car has a wiper on her side too.

.bjb

A friend of mine was building a russnomore '33 Ford Coupe and asked his wife if she wanted a windshield wiper on her side and she told him that there would be one on her side (driver's side) the question is does he want one on his side!
AL

I am going to the Frog Follies today through Saturday.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

enjenjo

My  German buddy stopped by today. He is back in the states buying cars again for his museum. Only two containers full this time. :roll:

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"My  German buddy stopped by today. He is back in the states buying cars again for his museum. Only two containers full this time. :roll:
Any for you to work on? Maybe he could find something at Kalamazoo. GPster

enjenjo

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "enjenjo"My  German buddy stopped by today. He is back in the states buying cars again for his museum. Only two containers full this time. :roll:
Any for you to work on? Maybe he could find something at Kalamazoo. GPster

He is leaving friday, he came in last week for a big auction near here. He bought 5 cars there, and had some in storage here before that.

reborn55

Got through changing tires off the wife's coupe back to the 55----have to buy new ones for her car--got big bulge on it.  Put new light bar on Supervisor's Expedition.  Finished wiring new strobe pack on one of the ambulances.