What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boyd Who

Thanks guys!
No tunes in this truck, just the sound of the exhaust.  :D

Good luck with all that snow, Arnold. Sure glad we didn't get hit with any of it.  :P

I may lease the truck out as a limo, Bob. Haha!
Seriously though...it will be nice being able to drive it without having to fold my legs up like a pretzel. My goal is to make a long-distance cruiser.

Arnold

Quote from: "Boyd Who"Thanks guys!
No tunes in this truck, just the sound of the exhaust.  :D

Good luck with all that snow, Arnold. Sure glad we didn't get hit with any of it.  :P

I may lease the truck out as a limo, Bob. Haha!
Seriously though...it will be nice being able to drive it without having to fold my legs up like a pretzel. My goal is to make a long-distance cruiser.

I hear you about the "no tunes..just the sound of the exhaust". :D
I do have tunes..but must confess to just listening to the sound of the exhaust..off with the tunes..now and again. Although..I do drive it a fair bit..and do get sick of the noise too now and again.
 My 4x4 Police Suburban came with factory 3" pipes..right from the manifolds back..into 2 cats..and right at the very back into a single nothing muffler. Pretty loud,rumbly,really sweet exhaust note!
 As far as the snow..oh well..I just got caught off guard and behind with a dental emergency. At least we did not get 3' like Boston did.

Arnold

Quote from: "chimp koose"Good work on the dash! Nice and clean ,no clutter. Are you gonna put the 8-track back in er ?

8 track lol..I still have a couple of old 8 tracks kicking around somewhere :roll: I was so far into 8 tracks at the time I even had a machine to RECORD them. Think I still have that somewhere too :roll: as well as some blank ones too :roll:

GPster

Quote from: "Boyd Who"No tunes in this truck,
I have tunes in my truck, I just know better than to listen to them. When I was tested to see if I could/should start driving again in 2004 the instuctor observed me driving and cautioned me to lessen the distractions. When anyone is in a vehicle with me driving they know to be quiet and the grandkids come equiped with Ipods and earphones. If I was driving something with a "throaty" exhaust I'd probably need to take my hearing aid out. GPster

kb426

Yesterday I installed crown molding in the areas that I redid the ceilings. I have fastener holes to fill and things like that left. I think that will be the end of home projects for a while and it will be back to garage stuff. It will be spring in just a bit.  :D
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Started teaching my night class tonight. Of the 15 students in class ,4 are repeats from last year ,one repeater brought his brother too. They all passed the class ,they just enjoyed it and wanted to take it again.

enjenjo

Started on this 55 Chevy pickup yesterday. Fabricated a bracket to mount the compressor and tank in the bed, and started building the traction bars for the rear end.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

Finishing up  on the restoration of my "Almost Free" floor jack...

In the paint stage now ... Pretty soon back to work on CARS !!   8)

With the Kid in Afgannystan, his Dodge was brought home for a "referb" .. He gave me a list of "Things to Do" ... After 89K miles , I guess some things wore out ... :roll:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

bucketmouth

Last Sunday went on a cruise to a out of town Pub with about 50 other cars.
Nice sunny day but it was a hot 40 deg (104) in a open car,made the beers going down easy.
We experience a similar summer to California so the heat has been relentless this summer.

I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Crosley.In.AZ

Fixing more crap work from another shop in Calliefornia... kripes, if you wire up something inside a transmittin... do it better than a 3 yr old would.

Also  , had an MRI scan today for my low back "Lumbar Spine".  I did not study, hope I passed.  :T)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "Crosley"Fixing more crap work from another shop in Calliefornia... kripes, if you wire up something inside a transmittin... do it better than a 3 yr old would.

Also  , had an MRI scan today for my low back "Lumbar Spine".  I did not study, hope I passed.  :T)

I've had a couple MRIs...bulged discs, narrowing of the spinal canal and a bit of arthritis. I studied but my back has failed.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Rrumbler

Had a pretty and nice day here, so I went out and abused my bum leg to failure doin' the second installment of weed control; dadgummed things are butt high to a giraffe already.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

58 Yeoman

Sold the Goldwing, so now I'm looking for a 63 1/2 Ford to spend the money on. :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

I went bowling today, I couldn't do it. I have a rotator cuff on my left shoulder that is acting up, can't get into the DR until tuesday. So I get to suffer for the next four days. :evil:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

oj

Just got the '67 Mustang back from media blasting and priming, it is a mess.  Needs complete floors, firewall, cowl, inner rockers - you get the idea.  The only nice thing is that it is a convertable and on a rotisserie because i'll be welding for the next three weeks on replacing everything.
I spent time assembling my sbc race motor and broke the caged roller bearing that supports the front drive distr'fuel pump drive spud.  That was a bummer, i have a call to Summers Bros hoping to get another bearing.  I looked in mcmaster-carr but couldn't find anything.  So i am dead in the water there.
I tacked the rear suspension into the modified last saturday, i get me some 16" tires and i'll have a roller!  It is taking shape.  I bumped into one of them 4cyl mercruiser engines that is 1/2 of a ford 460 and i am sorely tempted to stick it in there instead of the hemi.  Wicked little motors.