What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

been doing some repairs on the local tire shop owners 70 torino 429CJ...

got to thinking about the bolts dropping out of the manifold as i was trying to wrestle it in..  came up with this idea..

and don't even think there is a LOT of room there..
the engine is hanging with one mount cross bolt out with the support bar straining to pick it up on one side..

Beck

I started a little project about a year ago. I've been slow moving but it is almost finished. Just a little detail paint to go. 3 ft long, 50 cc chainsaw power. 11" tall rear tires. You can see it here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rcpullingtractors/photos/album/97000578/pic/649217482/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc

purplepickup

Quote from: "Beck"I started a little project about a year ago. I've been slow moving but it is almost finished. Just a little detail paint to go. 3 ft long, 50 cc chainsaw power. 11" tall rear tires. You can see it here:
For some reason my computer won't let me see that page but I went to youtube and looked at RC pulling tractors and....WOW!! :shock:   I never knew....

I'm going to have to mess with my settings to see yours.
George

Mikej

Quote from: "enjenjo"I went to the Dr this morning, he said I was normal.......As I could expect. This afternoon I started making a rear end stand, for building rear ends.

Really, Frank, that is a suprise.

Beck

Here is one of the photos from my above link. The Yahoo site may require a log in to access.
It still needs the yellow hood stripe, John Deere logo, grill bars, and headlights painted on. I am considering putting a name on the side. Most pulling tractors have names with some air brush work on the hood sides.
I just cannot come up with something that I like.

348tripower

Quote from: "Beck"Here is one of the photos from my above link. The Yahoo site may require a log in to access.
It still needs the yellow hood stripe, John Deere logo, grill bars, and headlights painted on. I am considering putting a name on the side. Most pulling tractors have names with some air brush work on the hood sides.

I have a friend here in Dexter that has a real John Deere pulling tractor. It runs very well. He is pretty high in the state points. I will have to show him this thread.
Don
Don Colliau

purplepickup

Quote from: "Beck"I am considering putting a name on the side. Most pulling tractors have names with some air brush work on the hood sides.
I suppose one painted Farmall red with "Radio Flyer" on the side has been done....
George

1800guy

I like the idea of using rubber bands on the manifold bolts.  Since I always use dental floss to hold gaskets in place with good luck, I have tried using it for bolts as well.  It works - kinda -  but it's a real PITA to tie.  I'll use rubber bands the next time.
My project is 90% finished, with only 90% to go.

Carnut

Just thought I'd post some pics of my continuing project of devaluing my one owner 49k mi. 67 Dodge Charger. Recently installed an aluminum crossflow radiator on my 61 Chrysler and liked that so much, I decided I needed to put one in my Charger. It just seems to fit right, just like an SBC V8 fits so well in an early Ford engine compartment. So here's some pics.

My 67 Charger Page

Heh, heh, now a days this is about the limits of my mechanical abilities, but I sure can take pics.

kb426

George, as long as you keep going, it beats a complete standstill all over the place. I like new radiators as compared to old leaky ones. :lol:
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I just about have the rear end stand done, I have to make some clamp bolts and it will be done
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Frank, is it height adjustable? Looks good. I know that it will be well worth the effort.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

FRANK   :!:  :!:        QUICK    :!:  :!:        Look at your garage  :!:  :!:

There's a broom on the loose in there  :!:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Trap It ... Catch it before it before it ruins another floor  :!:      
 Before you know it , yours will look just like Glen's  :shock:  :shock:  :P  

Nice axle stand by the way .... 8)

Bob ...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"Frank, is it height adjustable? Looks good. I know that it will be well worth the effort.

No, and neither is the width. It is set up for avle tubes from 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 inches. I may rework it to make it adjustable.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Before you know it , yours will look just like Glen's  :shock:  :shock:  :P  

Bob ...... :wink:

Not likely to happen in this lifetime. :wink: