What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

QuoteThey help with the swelling and pain.

The question is, are you getting better?

I hauled the trailer up to Port Huron today to pick up an 89 Mustang Josh bought. I was within 20 miles of the 65 Mustang I looked at monday. I stopped to see phat46 while I was up there for a short while, talked myself right out of a nice MIG welder with my big mouth. :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"
QuoteThey help with the swelling and pain.

The question is, are you getting better?

I hauled the trailer up to Port Huron today to pick up an 89 Mustang Josh bought. I was within 20 miles of the 65 Mustang I looked at monday. I stopped to see phat46 while I was up there for a short while, talked myself right out of a nice MIG welder with my big mouth. :roll:

Well Frank, if I try your suggestion to fix it and it still doesn't work then maybe we can talk about you buying it again.  :D   It was good to talk again and nice to meet Josh.

kb426

For those of you that have followed my 32 seat recovering episodes, you might recall the first cover had 2" pleats. The latest has 4" pleats. Being that car people are worried about fashion and matching accessories, I had to make another bag to haul junk to the car shows that had 4" pleats. :lol:  This is out of green metalflake and black vinyl. It's 14" x 14" x 6" wide.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"Photo of my right arm 01-16-2013... it was run over by the suburban.  I was blacked out at the moment

How you doing Tony?

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"For those of you that have followed my 32 seat recovering episodes, you might recall the first cover had 2" pleats. The latest has 4" pleats. Being that car people are worried about fashion and matching accessories, I had to make another bag to haul junk to the car shows that had 4" pleats. :lol:  This is out of green metalflake and black vinyl. It's 14" x 14" x 6" wide.

We'll have to get you to do the race car seat.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "Crosley"Photo of my right arm 01-16-2013... it was run over by the suburban.  I was blacked out at the moment

How you doing Tony?

thanks for asking :

Gettin better a little bit each day.  As I work , the pain  is not as strength limiting as a week ago

Leg is healing up well.  Infection was a concern from road rash. Bike went down on right side. It appears I stayed on the foot brake till crash. That explains damage to my right leg

Arm bruise primarily is above the elbow now, below the elbow has mostly cleared up.  Arm is still swelled up some, good size knot where the drunk run over my elbow.

Left hand and wrist is better.  Wrist does not like pressure against it. If I am pulling on a wrench, the wrist is fine.  Pushing a wrench is a big no-no.

Messed up knuckle on left hand is healing well. Needed stitches, BUT  I glued it together, cut up sheet metal  and built a splint for it.  Easy to flip off people with this setup
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

oh ........... next bike will be red.  People cant see yellow
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

Quote from: "Crosley"oh ........... next bike will be red.  People cant see yellow
"They" say the most visible color is the dayglo yellow/green like your jacket is.  A bike that color might be almost as ugly as the color of my truck :roll:
George

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"oh ........... next bike will be red.  People cant see yellow

Maybe a harley then they could hear it before they see it :roll:

Glad to hear your doing better

Later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

58 Yeoman

I'm not sure about the color red Tony.  My '02 Wing was red, and people still didn't see me.  My '07 is burnt orange, and it might as well be invisible too.  Good luck with your color choice, and I'm glad you're healing up.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

I drove to Wabash In. to deliver the Sprite we got the front clip from for the race car. Then we drove up to Bontranger's surplus to get some supplies

Boyd Who

First time out in the shop in months and I did some fabrication on my dash insert. Pics to follow.

Rochie

Hey Tony,
I'm glad to hear you're progressing. Any motorcyle collision can be brutal.
You might want to re-think your colour choice for the next bike.  I used to run the Motorcycle licencing program at our local college. Here in Ontario you don't have to take a training program to get your licence, BUT, the insurance rates will reflect the absence of a training program. I got a copy of a survey done in the province of Quebec.  THE most collision involved colour for cars bikes etc., was ...ready ...wait for it....RED
Seems they can't see it ???  Or any other colour for that matter!!!
I wish you a speedy recovery and keep the shiney side up, OK?

Arnold

Quote from: "Rochie"Hey Tony,
I'm glad to hear you're progressing. Any motorcyle collision can be brutal.
You might want to re-think your colour choice for the next bike.  I used to run the Motorcycle licencing program at our local college. Here in Ontario you don't have to take a training program to get your licence, BUT, the insurance rates will reflect the absence of a training program. I got a copy of a survey done in the province of Quebec.  THE most collision involved colour for cars bikes etc., was ...ready ...wait for it....RED
Seems they can't see it ???  Or any other colour for that matter!!!
I wish you a speedy recovery and keep the shiney side up, OK?

I got my bike licence so long ago that it was right around that time..maybe a few years earlier.. when they stopped licensing
BICYCLES. That they NEED to AGAIN in Toronto!
   My bike licence: There were NO training programs. Just be 16 years old and buy a 650 Triumph Trophy :D ..and learn to ride it..without a licence.In a big city..Toronto.When you were ready to take the test..just ride over to the Ministry..right on Highway 401.. a BUSY! large, multi lane divided highway(the only place to take the test) like EVERYBODY ELSE with no licence.Write the written test,make an appointment for the driving test. Ride home still with no licence. They gave you a "licence" at that time for ONE DAY :roll: I kid you not :!: SOoo that you could ride over to take the test.
If you passed.. you kept your 1 day licence got your licence :roll:
   If you failed..they took away your licence and there were cops there to make sure you did not ride home without  a licence :roll:

Mikej

If you are like me , I can't tell what color a motorcycle is until I run over them.......sorry that was wrong wasn't it........ I like the ones that have their headlight on all the time. Helps alot.  I doubt if the guy was drunk the color mattered.