What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glen

Going to get my physical in the morning for my NHRA license....wish me luck.   I should pass but i have not had a blood test in a long time, at 43 hopefully nothing is creaping up?

I dont mind the visit, needles, or anything about the visit....but i dont trust doctors.

kb426

Glen, they check for sugar and blood pressure and that was it. At least when I had my last one in the 90's. Other than the " rectal exam" , it was a piece of cake. You'll be out in minutes with a smile.  :lol:
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

At age 40 , I had a full check up from the doctor. Blood tests: .... oh what they can show. Been on some meds since then. Liver has straightened up, heart is doing good, cholesterol under control.  

I have a heart valve that likes to bounce as it closes. The little blip of the heart beat you see on a screen... mine will have two little blips as the valve bounces closed.  Doctor says it is a "common abnormality"  ... I like to be common and abnormal at the same time. LOL

Then stuff that a MRI can show.   :shock:  another discussion.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

oj

Quote from: "Crosley"A video of a  twin turbo  LS Chevy engine powered drag car  in Sweden.  It runs a 6.87 at over 200 mph.   This car has a Hughes XP5 powerglide trans I built in it.  XP5 has a lockup clutch in the torque converter

If you watch the car and the tire tracks, the car never fully hooks up and still ran that quick.

When the converter  is locked up, near the end of the run, the car actually looses traction.  And yet the car has run 20 mph faster than last year with a regular glide in the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQVkolpKJgU&feature=youtu.be

Very nice indeed!

enjenjo

Spent the last couple days trimming out the siding on the garage. I boxed the eaves, and installed vinyl soffet, and aluminum facia. Some of it got a bit complicated.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"Spent the last couple days trimming out the siding on the garage. I boxed the eaves, and installed vinyl soffet, and aluminum facia. Some of it got a bit complicated.

looks good Frank

8)
Tony

WZ JUNK

I am cleaning the salt off of my wife's mini van.  I spent our 42nd wedding anniversay on the salt flats and I was driving her van.  I figure the least I can do is clean the salt off of it.  I have a great wife.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

oj

Bucked rivets...what ever possessed me to rivet everything together with those roundheadded rivets i'll never know.  You know how that little monster sits on your shoulder and whispers in your ear, well he got me good this time.  I started with a pack of 250 1/8 X 3/16 - so tiney i have to use needlenose to set them in place.  It took all of yesterday to set 250 of them little wretches and i got to order more.
They do look sexy.  I'd post a pic but can't figure out how.

kiwipaul

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I am cleaning the salt off of my wife's mini van.  I spent our 42nd wedding anniversay on the salt flats and I was driving her van.  I figure the least I can do is clean the salt off of it.  I have a great wife.

John

When you say that you where driving her van I hope you do not mean that you where driving on the Salt at speed? If so you do have great wife LOL
A Ford man that like all cars

enjenjo

Quote from: "oj"Bucked rivets...what ever possessed me to rivet everything together with those roundheadded rivets i'll never know.  You know how that little monster sits on your shoulder and whispers in your ear, well he got me good this time.  I started with a pack of 250 1/8 X 3/16 - so tiney i have to use needlenose to set them in place.  It took all of yesterday to set 250 of them little wretches and i got to order more.

What are you setting the rivets in? Send me the pictures by email, I can post them

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "oj"Bucked rivets...what ever possessed me to rivet everything together with those roundheadded rivets i'll never know.  You know how that little monster sits on your shoulder and whispers in your ear, well he got me good this time.  I started with a pack of 250 1/8 X 3/16 - so tiney i have to use needlenose to set them in place.  It took all of yesterday to set 250 of them little wretches and i got to order more.

What are you setting the rivets in? Send me the pictures by email, I can post them
Yeh! I'd like to see. I've always liked that "Peterbuilt" cab that's riveted together and wondered if one could be "down-sized" and riveted back together (Lego?). But then again, I wondered if I could "Chop", "Channel",  "Section" and "Shorten" a school bus. GPster

kb426

I have several one day shows to go to in the next month. I wanted to take the mini bike but didn't want to have to mess with it. I've spent the last couple of evenings building the white bracket to hold the bike. It's 3/4" square tube. I remove 4 bolts from the floor that go into the floor frame cross pieces. Then it's bolted down. You line up the foot pegs with the saddles and flip up the brackets and install the quick release pins. It's real solid. Mission accomplished. In case anyone cares, that's a 1968 Taco 44 that I restored in 2010. 5 hp. hot rod engine.
TEAM SMART

wayne petty

Quote from: "kb426"I have several one day shows to go to in the next month. I wanted to take the mini bike but didn't want to have to mess with it. I've spent the last couple of evenings building the white bracket to hold the bike. It's 3/4" square tube. I remove 4 bolts from the floor that go into the floor frame cross pieces. Then it's bolted down. You line up the foot pegs with the saddles and flip up the brackets and install the quick release pins. It's real solid. Mission accomplished. In case anyone cares, that's a 1968 Taco 44 that I restored in 2010. 5 hp. hot rod engine.

i had a taco like that.. think mine was a taco 100.. but i was never sure.. had teloscopic forks..

i always wanted to convert the rear control arm to swing on the jack shaft..  so it would not throw the chain..
had some thick 5/8 washers with a long aircraft machine screw welded to make it like a lollipop... and a folded piece of metal to go over the open end of the fork.. so i could easily control chain tension and rear wheel alignment..  

that was a lot of money back in 1975 when i bought it at flexo..  

that one's beautiful..

i still have the 24 Volt DC floor scrubber brush motor that i scrounged for it..  never got around to installing it..  i got tired of the carb falling off, the pull rope breaking or the return spring snapping ..   figured make it an EV mini bike..

i was in a trash pile at a lawn mower shop one day.. from a sears lawnmower.. a crank up starter... where you wound the handle a few times..  folded it closed.. and then pulled the release.. allowing the spring to spin the motor..   the mower shop guy would not sell or give it to me.. said it was dangerous...  people left them wound up... kids like me would release the trigger and the mowers would start..

i spent many a joy filled summers   riding around lummi island.. then pushing it home when it broke... could only go a few miles.. as the roads are only 10 miles from end to end... and there is a ferry boat to get to the mainland..

i can hear the clutch ringing as i type..

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"I have several one day shows to go to in the next month. I wanted to take the mini bike but didn't want to have to mess with it. I've spent the last couple of evenings building the white bracket to hold the bike. It's 3/4" square tube. I remove 4 bolts from the floor that go into the floor frame cross pieces. Then it's bolted down. You line up the foot pegs with the saddles and flip up the brackets and install the quick release pins. It's real solid. Mission accomplished. In case anyone cares, that's a 1968 Taco 44 that I restored in 2010. 5 hp. hot rod engine.

Kool.  I had a Taco minibike.  I rode the whiz outta that mini bike
Tony

enjenjo

I added the pictures to your post.