What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "enjenjo"Back to working on the shop again. I replaced several ballasts in the lights, much brighter and no flickering. I am also preping the other half of the front for siding, I have three days in retrimming the overhead door to take out the sag in the center and square up the sides.

Still working on the Packard too. Most of the body sills are done, some paint work, and I can start reinstalling them.

Gee, Frank ...What's on the schedule for after lunch  :?:  :?:  :lol:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Carps

Hi gang, have been AWOL for some time, but I have managed to knock out a couple more model cars recently.

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

Practised pulling a few lines too.

Carps

Carps

If the sun shines on the weekend I may roll the Holden out and clock up a few more miles.

Carps

Carnut

Carps I'm as impressed by the photography of the models as I am in the work that went into building them.

Glen

Houston, we have color.  Just the door jambs, bottom of the hood, bottom of the trunk lid are cut in...... and the inside of the front fenders are painted chassis grey.  I know....... weak picture, but its all I took.

kb426

Glen, are you getting excited or is it "just one more project"?
TEAM SMART

Glen

Very excited....two year's of effort and i will finally be able to enjoy it.  Now we get to start the new task of dialing everything in to go fast.

idrivejunk

Some of you might remember the "Block sanding round stuff" thread where the hero was a metal scrap that I used as a sanding block and loved. Well, the paint shop finally put the shiny down on that project ... :D

Matt

Rrumbler

What are you grinnin' about?? :wink: :wink:  That is right purty. 8)

Quote from: "idrivejunk"Some of you might remember the "Block sanding round stuff" thread where the hero was a metal scrap that I used as a sanding block and loved. Well, the paint shop finally put the shiny down on that project ... :D

Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

Beck

The go fast guys are headed to Bonneville. I can't make it again this year. I wanna go! BOO HOO!  I in a funk.

Crosley.In.AZ

A video of a  twin turbo  LS Chevy engine powered drag car  in Sweden.  It runs a 6.87 at over 200 mph.   This car has a Hughes XP5 powerglide trans I built in it.  XP5 has a lockup clutch in the torque converter

If you watch the car and the tire tracks, the car never fully hooks up and still ran that quick.

When the converter  is locked up, near the end of the run, the car actually looses traction.  And yet the car has run 20 mph faster than last year with a regular glide in the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQVkolpKJgU&feature=youtu.be
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I finished up the go kart project. It needs to go to someone's house that has 10 year old kids. I replaced most everything except the engine and upholstery. If I'm lucky, I won't loose too much money on it.  :lol:
TEAM SMART

sirstude

spent yesterday replacing the last bearing on the Front of my Impala.  I did not do the inner on the drivers side in Puyallup a couple of weeks ago.  The bearing was fine, but the spindle had a burr on it and took a while to get the bearing to fit.  Interesting that the the original one I installed about 10 years ago fit fine.  I have gathered up the spare spindles and brakes and will probably get everything ready to replace this winter.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Rrumbler

Veging in SoCal - "babysitiing" my 16yo Grandson while he goes to football practice and the rest of the family is vacationing.  I'll be heading back to Las Vegas on Tuesday.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.