What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Harry, if you swing through saskatoon give me a call .Pm for a ph#

sirstude

Just loading up the car to head off for GoodGuys in Puyallup in an hour.  See you all next week.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Harry

Quote from: "Boyd Who"
Quote from: "Harry"Today, I left Stoney Creek, Ontario and am driving to Vancouver Island in a '37 Ford, Chev powered. So far, I'm in Blind River, ON, for the night.

Which route are you taking through Manitoba? We're in Neepawa...about 25 minutes north of Carberry.

Once I get to Winnipeg, I'm going down to Hwy 2.
How far would that be from you?

Harry

Quote from: "chimp koose"Harry, if you swing through saskatoon give me a call .Pm for a ph#

I'm going to take 13 across the bottom of Sask.
I want to see the old farm houses and barns, etc.
Thanks,
DJ

Boyd Who

That's quite a bit south of us, at least an hour or so. You'd pass within 15 miles north of Lowboy's Rod Shop in Baldur, though. If you like old houses our town is full of them. Our house was built in 1910 and is pretty much restored to original inside. Lots of big old brick farm houses along Hwy 16 around here.

kb426

The deuce has been cleaned and serviced. In the morning I head to Salina. The forecast is for 103 on friday and 105 on saturday. I'm in for a Good Time!
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Another day in racing.  XP4 powerglide trans blow'd up big time.

These guys with all this power and weight.

I refer to this as job security : :twisted:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Glen

tony, is that more monster truck stuff?

I made these parts for a friends 32 coupe this week.  His idea and drawings, i just whittled the parts.  the coil holder and the exhaust cut out.

butch27

Going to the Telegraph rd. cruise in Michigan.  BIG event.  Fun.  Nice day.

enjenjo

I worked on the garage siding. I got half the front done today.The siding itself goes up fast, the time consuming part is doing the trim. I am bending it all up from flat stock, and it takes me a while to figure it out.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"tony, is that more monster truck stuff?

yep.. heavy monster trucks.    

When you see the monster trucks running backwards running-jumping  over stuff,  then the truck engine revs up and no more movement... this is what the inside of the trans looks like.

Some drivers seem to like running backwards over stuff for the crowd
Tony

UGLY OLDS

That's not considered a "warrantable" situation  , is it  :?:  :roll:

The warranty only covers "forward" jumps , correct   :shock:  :lol:

Is this the strongest model of trans that can be used in this application  :?:

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Here are some pictures. The new siding on the garage, the alternator on the Packard, and the Delco distributor in a straight 8
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"That's not considered a "warrantable" situation  , is it  :?:  :roll:

The warranty only covers "forward" jumps , correct   :shock:  :lol:

Is this the strongest model of trans that can be used in this application  :?:

It is the big dog of powerglide transmissions. I dont make decisions on warranty stuff, I just fix them

there is a lot going on in reverse at the RPM's the guys run.  The ring gear is spinning very fast.  The direct drum spins at 1.5 times the engine RPM in reverse.

If they wing the engine to 7k RPM, the drum is at 10.5 RPM.... Special drums are used.

These guys jump stuff and if they land on the ground under power, stuff breaks.  IF you watch the smart drivers, they are ''off the throttle'' when the truck lands on it's tires.

Also , a side note:  the "Monster Jam""  monster truck series is owned by the Barnum - Bailey circus folks
Tony

UGLY OLDS

Quotethere is a lot going on in reverse at the RPM's the guys run.  The ring gear is spinning very fast.  The direct drum spins at 1.5 times the engine RPM in reverse.

If they wing the engine to 7k RPM, the drum is at 10.5 RPM.... Special drums are used.

These guys jump stuff and if they land on the ground under power, stuff breaks.  IF you watch the smart drivers, they are ''off the throttle'' when the truck lands on it's tires.

This explains a bunch.. The powertrain is seeing a 7K RPM "Neutral Drop" when they land under power.... :shock:   It is surprising that they last as long as they do ... Special Built Heavy Duty or not ..... :roll:

1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****