What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

from the angle of the photo the truck looks just fine!

chimp koose

I went drag racing in Edmonton this weekend. Helped a friend sort out his T altered . day 1, 7.59@175mph,DA 4600, Day 2, 7.46@178mph,DA 5300. Had to stop there,issues with oil pressure after burnout and on decelleration at the top end. Pan needs baffles.Watched sprint card in the dirt on sat night. I would love to crew on one of those if we had a local track ,way more interesting than nascar in my opinion.

wayne petty

this morning.. i went out early to look for parking spots to move the cars i have stashed on the street .. street cleaning day..

as i walked up to my 70 ranchero.. i noticed the stash of tires i have in the back had been moved around..  the scrap guys dig in the bed for various items to recycle..  they emptied the truck one night..  and i did not want it thrown away..

but today was different.. there was something Under everything...

somebody left me a GOOD complete gas tank for my ranchero.. with straps and hooks..  its a ONE year only tank.. with a huge plastic thing for the fuel vapor trap..  

i don't have a clue of who left it.. my old tank has a giant hole in the bottom i kinda soldered over.. i could not find any reasonable shops to weld it up.. they saw gas tank and either had dollar signs or get out of here with that..  they explode..  its not out of a pinto .. but they did not want to hear that..

since i don't have a shop to work in.. i don't have any welding tanks to do a proper patch..

this week i will remove the patched tank.. its still dry..  and install the good one as soon as i dilute the stinky gas out..

its going to be so nice to get that ranchero mobile again..

pouring gas in a 2 inch pipe section with bell reducers and hose barbs just gets old after while..

enjenjo

I spent friday, saturday and sunday working on the garage remodel, I am installing steel siding. Today I went out to work on the Packard ignition. All the machine work is done on the distributor, so it was time to paint and assemble it.I just got started, and was tripping over a stool I was building, so I decided to finish it to get it out of the way.  

After that was done, back to the distributor. The paint on the body was dry, so I put it into the vise for assembly. The light over the vise was flickering, driving me crazy, and I had a new ballast for it, so I stopped, took the light down, and started to install a new ballast. The reflector was pretty dark, so I cleaned it up, and repainted it white.

Then I needed some parts to finish the light, a cap and rotor for the ignition, and some parts for another project, so i went uptown to get them.  I finished the light, tested it, and put it back up.

Back to the distributor.I got it assembled up to the advance weights, and the wife got home. So I stopped again to deliver a car back to the owner.

When that was done, I had to fix dinner, a promise to the wife, so I never did get the ignition done. I made corn on the cob, brocoli, and tomatos, from the garden, along with hamburgers.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

You had me all excited for supper until you got to broccoli.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"You had me all excited for supper until you got to broccoli.

We both love broccoli fresh out of the garden, steamed. Also cauliflower, and brussel sprouts.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "kb426"You had me all excited for supper until you got to broccoli.

We both love broccoli fresh out of the garden, steamed. Also cauliflower, and brussel sprouts.

i KNEW there was something wrong with you :twisted:
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

UGLY OLDS

QuoteWe both love broccoli fresh out of the garden, steamed. Also cauliflower, and brussel sprouts

Broccoli is not so bad ...But what kind of flower ia a "Cauli" ??  And when did Brussels  "sprout" ????

Wish we could grow our own tomaters ...... :(

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

moose

[quote="enjenjo"
We both love broccoli fresh out of the garden, steamed. Also cauliflower, and brussel sprouts.[/quote]

I always new you were a "Sick" man Frank now I know why.........

moose

Glen

checked on the Nova today, they are ready to wetsand the last coat of primer in preparation to spray color.  The hood still needs a last coat of primer and the same wet sand treatment.

Hopefuly we can see some color late next week.

kb426

Glen, I'm excited for you. I don't envy the task of assembly without damage.
TEAM SMART

Rrumbler

Quote from: "moose"[quote="enjenjo"

I always new you were a "Sick" man Frank now I know why.........

moose[/quote]

I must be "Sick", too; those are three of my most favorite veggies.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

Glen

Quote from: "kb426"Glen, I'm excited for you. I don't envy the task of assembly without damage.

Thanks, I feel confident in putting the car back together, I have taken that car apart so many times its natural.  I will definitely have to be careful, but the car was fully functional before I took it apart so there is no guess work.

Harry

Today, I left Stoney Creek, Ontario and am driving to Vancouver Island in a '37 Ford, Chev powered. So far, I'm in Blind River, ON, for the night.

Boyd Who

Quote from: "Harry"Today, I left Stoney Creek, Ontario and am driving to Vancouver Island in a '37 Ford, Chev powered. So far, I'm in Blind River, ON, for the night.

Which route are you taking through Manitoba? We're in Neepawa...about 25 minutes north of Carberry.