What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

this week, we had 2 mesquite trees removed. One was about 30 foot tall and it was falling over slowly. Roots were coming up out of the ground as the tree leaned over. We made the decision to remove both of them in the front yard
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

This is what I've been working on some. It's not my main focus so when I feel like it, I work on it. I just did finish fixing oil leaks on the engine and cleaning the carb and adjusting it. Cables are next followed by a test run.
TEAM SMART

Boyd Who

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "kb426"Interesting mix

If it's hot rod stuff that I figure I can turn for a profit I'll buy

What is this word you use : " profit"  :?

^^^^^ What Tony said!!  :lol:

phat rat

For stuff I'm buying to resell, if I feel I can't make anything I don't buy.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"Tell me about the fold up fenders.

Here they are. Like I said, kind of crude, but they work. The outside pivot is actually what the fender pivots on, the inner one has a quick pin to hold it in place when traveling.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Mikej

Going to put some wheels on the jack stand?

rooster

Why do the fenders fold? :shock:

enjenjo

Quote from: "Mikej"Going to put some wheels on the jack stand?

On final assembly it gets cables to limit the fenders, so the jack stand will be available to slap you up side the head.

enjenjo

Quote from: "rooster"Why do the fenders fold? :shock:

He has a big mower deck that will fit between the tires, but not between the fenders.

Mikej

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "Mikej"Going to put some wheels on the jack stand?

On final assembly it gets cables to limit the fenders, so the jack stand will be available to slap you up side the head.

Looking forward to it..... I'll bring a helmet :lol:

GPster

Well we got hit with the Friday night storm. The worst 1/2 hour for us broke four 4"x4" posts and brought down 5 sections of privacy fence. The wind split a fork in a willow tree in the yard which unfortunately has our phone line goin through it. We didn't loose the phone but I took two truck loads (Ranger) of willow linbs to the compost farm to get the weight off the split branches until I can get a professional cut them out (higher than my 20' extension ladder). Imediately lost electric (along with half of the state I guess)  and didn't get it back till 4:00 Sunday morning. Had another thunder storm Sunday afternoon and lost power again till about 4:30 today. The loss of power was so wide spread that for the first 12 hours none of the gas stations could pump. When some  of them got power they had traffic so tied up that the police were there directing traffic. Most of the stations have power today but the ones that worked yesterday are sold out. Got one gas station at an interstate exit that will sell an unlimited amount but prepay CASH.. I was afraid that Wilmington would be out of the question this week but I think I can get things stable by Thursday if it doesn't storm any more. Looking foreward to seeing John. GPster

enjenjo

We had a gully washer here yesterday. No damage here, but my buddy down the street lost part of his garage roof, and they had no power until this afternoon.

I got the trailer painted today, it should be gone tomorrow.

enjenjo

Trailer is delivered, he's happy, I'm happy, the world is right.

Rrumbler

Taking a break from prep for a family Q after while, and marveling at the change in the weather; seen it many times before, but it is always a marvel to me.  Yesterday it was 105 - 110 depending on where in the valley one happened to be, rh was about 30 - 40%; right now it is 84 on the patio, rh is about 60, cloudy, and it has rained real rain, and continues to drop just enough moisture to keep that "wet desert" smell in the air, a wonderful smell to me just because I like the way it smells; rain, yeah, we can use it - less than a half inch so far this year - but the aroma of wet greasewood and sage and desert dirt is just marvelous.   :D  :D  :D
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

kb426

Rrumbler, I understand your statement about the smells. I concur. I spent the morning doing yard work. I messed with the go kart some just to get some ideas about how to run the brake and throttle controls. The wind is blowing about 30 mph here with 102 temp. I'm glad to be an American celebrating the 4th!
TEAM SMART