What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"stopped by today and checked out the Nova.  Dean has been good to work  with, the sheetmetal is all lined up and they have been doing body work.  The Harwood hood fits terrible, there is a huge gap at the back near the cowl.  They are going to cut it and add more fiberglass.  I never mounted the hood because i knew they would align the front end better than I can.  Now that it is lined up they can drill the hood for the dzus fasteners.

Harwood hood fits poorly ?    :shock:  (sarcasm) At least they keep  consistent quality.  :lol:

Looks good so far.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I had a day of vacation. Lots of yard work, cleaned up the storage building and put all the crap back in and worked on the go kart a little. I only saw 106 in the garage today. :lol: I love summer! I had to wait 9 months for this. I have no idea where my coat is!
TEAM SMART

sirstude

Spent the day bs'ing at the startup party for this weekend's rod run.

Hooley, I was talking with Frank Morris (Salt Cat Racing) and he says he would like to talk to you some time about running alcohol in their cars.  We were talking about the miles and I said you were running alcohol on them.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

I got up at 5 am yesterday, went out to finish the fabrication on this trailer before it got too hot.. I made fenders that fold out of the way. It's all done outside of paint. Today I am going to clean the shop, it's a mess.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Tell me about the fold up fenders.
TEAM SMART

phat rat

I'm just relaxing and enjoying being back home. Got in just after 1 this morning. Here are a couple of pics of the load I brought back
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "phat rat"I'm just relaxing and enjoying being back home. Got in just after 1 this morning. Here are a couple of pics of the load I brought back

How is that dually doing for you?  Pulling, Fuel MPG? As I recall you picked the dually  up out west here.
Tony

papastoyss

Went to 2 swaps in North Carolina w/ my junking bud Earl Schieb Thursday & Fri. In recovery mode today. Yesterday was the hottest temp ever recorded in this area, 109 degrees officially in Nashville about 30 miles from here.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

phat rat

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "phat rat"I'm just relaxing and enjoying being back home. Got in just after 1 this morning. Here are a couple of pics of the load I brought back

How is that dually doing for you?  Pulling, Fuel MPG? As I recall you picked the dually  up out west here.

Your recollection is fine, I got it in Phoenix. It pulled through the mountains fine. Mileage sucked, 6.7-8.5mpg. It's not a 454 anymore it's a 489. Next trip will more than likely be my 02 Chevy HD with the 8.1.  I get as high as 9.5-10mpg with it pulling the trailer

kb426

TEAM SMART

phat rat

34 Chevy cab complete w/title and 2 hoods, 35/36 Chevy cab and hood, 41 Chevy COE cab with fenders, grille, hood, etc, 45-47? Diamond T cab, front half of an early 20's Dodge touring w/windshield stanchions, 2 Model A frames, pair of Model A rails no cross-members, 41 Ford car hood, 3X2 Flattie intake, Lakes style Flattie headers new still in the wrapping, pair of 39/40 Ford cpe doors. I don't think I forgot anything

kb426

TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"Tell me about the fold up fenders.

I'll take some pictures. They are crude, both fenders were bent, but they work.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

Quote from: "kb426"Interesting mix

If it's hot rod stuff that I figure I can turn for a profit I'll buy

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "kb426"Interesting mix

If it's hot rod stuff that I figure I can turn for a profit I'll buy

What is this word you use : " profit"  :?
Tony