What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "phat rat"I took a helicopter ride over part of Glacier N.P.

We were there two years ago.  An amazing place.  Have a huckleberry ice cream for me please.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Charlie Chops 1940

I'm just about ready to drive the track roadster pickup over to Sam's Club for a drink of $3.49-9/10's pr gallon gasoline.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Carnut

Heh Heh I once owned a Harris Ferguson TO20 'back in the day' when my hair was a bit darker.

I also went out and did a photo shoot of a Bugin here in Wichita. A friend of mine has a bug that I think is so cool.

Bug-O-Rama Wichita

phat rat

John, I unknowingly had it for you yesterday and yes it was great, surprised you didn't get the taste. Today was roundtrip on the Going To The Sun Road. I'd never been up there before, what a magnificent wonder of nature. The road was just opened Tues and the snow melt has the rivers and waterfalls in full flow, just unreal.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Crosley.In.AZ

Built a fixture to hold 9 inch center sections for assembly work.

it slides into the receiver I use for the fixture to hold a transmittin  for  building.

Now I have no excuse to build the center section for the 1948 Simca
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

My family attended our son's graduation ceremony today. My wife and I are very proud.

enjenjo

Quote from: "chimp koose"My family attended our son's graduation ceremony today. My wife and I are very proud.

You should be. Congratulations.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

Quote from: "phat rat"John, I unknowingly had it for you yesterday and yes it was great, surprised you didn't get the taste. Today was roundtrip on the Going To The Sun Road. I'd never been up there before, what a magnificent wonder of nature. The road was just opened Tues and the snow melt has the rivers and waterfalls in full flow, just unreal.

Quite the road isn't it?  Were the buses out?

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

sirstude

We had a big fire yesterday in the valley.  Started at about 4:30 in the afternoon and was at 700 acres by evening.  Still some smoke from that area this morning, but looks like the fire has gone back to the west and away from the majority of the homes.  

Jack, this is straight down the hill from Buzz's wrecking yard where you were a few years back.

I don't think I have ever seen a fire come up like this one did in this area.

http://helenair.com/news/local/scratchgravel-hills-erupt-in-flame-homes-evacuated/article_283fc730-bf58-11e1-9177-001a4bcf887a.html
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

sirstude

More wind today. the fire flared up again this morning and was at 1500 acres by 11:00. Evacuating more people.  4 houses have gone up as of last night.  One of the guys in my office was moving his in-laws out and he said you should have heard the bangs when the fire hits the propane tanks on the bar-b-ques.  He said one of the houses that burned had ammo in it and every so often you would hear a round going off.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us

phat rat

Doug, yes the buses were out. Yesterday I did Idaho 95 from Lewiston to Boise, what a beautiful drive.
Right now I'm in a McDonalds in Ogden UT. headed toward home. 4 cabs, 2 Model A frames, frt 1/2 of a Dodge touring and a few miscellaneous parts is making a decent load.
Stay safe and hopefully the fire is under control soon
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

I'm so boring. It's 111 degrees here. I'm going to the garage after a while to work on the go kart project.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Yesterday I painted the bottom of the trailer I am rebuilding, this morning I finished wiring the lights, and installed the marker lights. I have to flip it over, and finish painting it, and it will go down the road.

This afternoon, I did some rewiring on the house, put in a seperate circuit for the water pump.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Glen

stopped by today and checked out the Nova.  Dean has been good to work  with, the sheetmetal is all lined up and they have been doing body work.  The Harwood hood fits terrible, there is a huge gap at the back near the cowl.  They are going to cut it and add more fiberglass.  I never mounted the hood because i knew they would align the front end better than I can.  Now that it is lined up they can drill the hood for the dzus fasteners.

sirstude

the fire is 35% contained, but it is out of the housing area.  Sure was a scary time there for a couple of day.  

I will be doing a final cleanup on the Impala for the weekend show here.  Big one for Montana, about 350 cars.  Don't know if I am going to race it this year, probably will make that decision on Sunday.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us