What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boyd Who

Thanks guys. The new box is about 10" longer than the old one. I always felt the old box wasn't quite long enough. It was only 4' long. I like the look of the box extending past the end of the frame a bit, plus the extra length will allow me to carry more stuff on long distance runs. Once I get the front suspension bolted back in I'll roll the truck outside and get some profile shots of it.

Carnut...that's almost exactly what I want for a look on mine. Essex never made a truck. All the ones you see are cut-down sedan bodies. Mine was originally a 2-door. The yellow one started life as a 4-door. He built his own box.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "purplepickup"Here's a quick photoshop Al.  I added height but no length.  I agree that it needed to be taller but shorter than the old one would look out of proportion IMHO.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What He Said ..... 8)

Bob ............. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

cardboard mock up looks much better than the 'original'.Maybe just a little long proportionally but definately better.

UGLY OLDS

Gee.. .... Is this the  meaning of the phrase "The Long & Short of it "  :?:     :roll:

Returning now to your regular programing ....... :?

Bob........ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

I have been busy this week. I had some honeydos to take care of,went to Bontrangers surplus tuesday, built an alternator bracket for a 37 Packard, and finished the welding on a trailer. I also built a trailer hitch, and started wiring the trailer. Yrsterday I started putting new siding on the garage.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Learpilot

10 of are doing what we most Saturdays , we are going to a Car Show !
We meet at a local restaurant and caravan to a car show and most of all HAVE FUN with our HOT RODS !
Rick

jaybee

At the momemt I'm sittimg im the shade at Iowa Speedway waotimg for tje Imdycar race.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

I'm at Pueblo working on my tan. :lol:   :lol: It's hot but great!
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "jaybee"At the momemt I'm sittimg im the shade at Iowa Speedway waotimg for tje Imdycar race.

it is just a guess, are you enjoying some ''adult beverages'' too ?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "jaybee"At the momemt I'm sittimg im the shade at Iowa Speedway waotimg for tje Imdycar race.

it is just a guess, are you enjoying some ''adult beverages'' too ?

I caught a buzz just reading that! :lol:

Glen

I am going stir crazy......after two years of working on the nova every free minute of the day.  I am stuck....the body/chassis is at Deans for paint.

I have everything ready to go back together.

Anyone have any experience with the 60's 3-wheel harley davidson carts?  thinking of buying one and hopping it up for the wife unit to ride in the pits.

tomslik

you could buy my '02 electraglide and put a sidecar on it;)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

phat rat

I took a helicopter ride over part of Glacier N.P.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

sirstude

Quote from: "phat rat"I took a helicopter ride over part of Glacier N.P.

WOW!!!!

All I got to do was take the rear air bags out of the Olds getting ready to put the 4 set in there.  I have to make up my mind, the car has not moved yet.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

I went to the National Threshers reunion in Wauseon today. Massey Ferguson and it's predecessors were the featured brand this year, Kind of neat for me, I have a TO30 Ferguson. They have a neat flea market too, not too much hot rod stuff, although I have found some good stuff in the past.But a lot of machine tool parts, fasteners, and small engine parts. I had a good time. Fatcat is vending there, so I even got free soda, and a place to set.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.