What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"Went to Shelby's graduation tonight. 3.7 GPA
Congratulations Shelby! GPster

kb426

Congrats to all involved in the graduation.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Congrats SHELBY  :!:  :!:   3.7 GPA is GREAT   :!:   8)

Bob ......... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Congrats to the young gal Shelby.  Never met her, feel like I know her though.

Kool,  3.7 GPA  ... I hope she continues on to college.  :!:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Charlie Chops 1940

Atta girl cruisin' pal.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"I had a chance to get a tarp custom made for the RRT BBQ, so I did. It fits nice.

Kool, good idea.

it seems like only last year I was reaching into Franks pants pocket, making change for the food he was grilling. Frank was  smiling, giggling like a school girl :shock:
Tony

enjenjo

Spent the day yesterday making an exhaust system for a Ford pickup with new headers on it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

I found a guy who is selling out his barn remodeling business. I bought a bunch of lumber and steel barn siding. He cut me a great deal since he found out he knows my dad. :lol:

Crosley.In.AZ

After A breakfast burrito , we drove out to east Mesa /  AJ area.  Small swap meet there monthly at local American Legion.

It is a small lot and the lot is usually 3/4 full of vendors.  IF there were 12 sellers there today i would be surprised.  

The area  is a heavy population of retired folks and snow burds from foreign states n countrys. Trailer parks, RV parks are every where there.  I gues folks have left with the heat of summer here
Tony

kb426

I just got back from Wichita. I took in the 40th Lake Afton car show and the Vintage Motorcycle club show. I finally got to meet Carnut in person. I can't count the number of shows that I've been at and seen one of his cars but never him. I ran into a few friends, met some new people. It was a great day.
TEAM SMART

Carnut

Yep, met KB426 today at Lake Afton Show.

Drove by and saw his 32 Pickup when I first got there and I feel really stupid and guilty because I didnt get a pic of his 32.

But it was nice to put a face to the username,  it did take me by surprise and it took me a bit to catch on to who was talking to me. I'm a little slow.

Managed to get 702 pics or so, I've just posted them online, with the handicap of my damaged trigger finger the pics didn't come out as well as I would have liked, I hope to enhance them a bit as soon as I can.

http://carnut.com/show/12/all/allp1.html

enjenjo

I got up and out bright and early today, I needed to do some welding, and I wanted to do it before it got too hot. I welded a rack for the ramps tothis trailer I am working on, I welded the heck out of that sucker. and then found out I had mismeasured, and made it 1/4" too narrow. :roll:  It ruined my motivation. :evil:

So I started fixing broken tools, several C  clamps that had missing handles, or pressure pads, some maintenence on the sand blast cabinet, fixed the cutting torch, then  unloaded a trailer full of wood that I bought friday. I am residing the garage, and some  new trusses in the back building, so I can get rid of the three posts down the center, and raise the celing several feet.

I brooded most of the day,came up with a couple satisfactory ways to fix the rack problem, I just have to decide which one to do.

GPster

Quote from: "Carnut"Yep, met KB426 today at Lake Afton Show. Managed to get 702 pics or so, I've just posted them online, with the handicap of my damaged trigger finger the pics didn't come out as well as I would have liked, I hope to enhance them a bit as soon as I can.
http://carnut.com/show/12/all/allp1.html
What a different collection/type of wheeled vehicles. Great to have a selection that you don't have to judge the style or year. I liked the #3 "T" speedster. I really ought to take the top off the "middle Jeep" and see if I could stand that "open air" motoring (although after my accident I traveled in a sidecar for 17,000 miles with my wife driving). I like vehicles where the only "High Tech" piece would be the cell phone in my pocket.

Carnut

Course at the end of the day at All Wheels when it was time to go, loaded every one into the 61 Chrysler and turned the key and nothing.

Checked dome light worked, headlight worked, tried again, nothing.

Raised hood checked my bat disconnect was tight, tried again, nothing.

Managed to draw a crowd, out came offered jumper cables, guys tried jumping from various locations around abattery still no go.

Then some guy walks by and asks have you checked neutral pushbutton was in?

Well of course not, I never park without pushing the neutral button.

So after some more exasperation I double check the buttons and the drive button is pushed in instead of neutral, push neutral and it fires up.

Red faced,  apologies and thanks for the effort are made all around.

Friend says she saw someone reaching in and messing with the buttons earlier, so I'll blame it on him.

I've driven push button drives most all my driving life.

Ego and age plus a little stupidity get you everytime.

WZ JUNK

Carnut,

You are not alone.  I have made some real silly mistakes lately.  The good news is that your neutral safety switch is working.  That is a very good thing.  I will not let a car leave the shop without a neutral safety switch.  Imagine what could have happened if it started in gear.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH