What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Boyd Who"
Quote from: "Crosley"is it an optical delusion or does the engine / trans oil pans  in the Essex sit real close to the ground?

I took a quick measurement this morning and there's 6" under the oil pan.  8)

very nice.  8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

Quote from: "kb426"This was yesterday's project. When I finished the minibike 2 years ago, I bought a seat for it. I had the original foam but not enough skills to recover it. The original foam is now covered in purple carbon fiber weave vinyl. I tried 2 other color schemes before settling on this one. Because the bike isn't 100% original, the desire to modify became overwhelming. It's 45 degrees here but the ground still has lots of snow cover. Most of the streets should be clear by dark. Hope everyone has a good new year's day.

i need to find one of those and put a side car on it;)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

enjenjo

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "kb426"This was yesterday's project. When I finished the minibike 2 years ago, I bought a seat for it. I had the original foam but not enough skills to recover it. The original foam is now covered in purple carbon fiber weave vinyl. I tried 2 other color schemes before settling on this one. Because the bike isn't 100% original, the desire to modify became overwhelming. It's 45 degrees here but the ground still has lots of snow cover. Most of the streets should be clear by dark. Hope everyone has a good new year's day.

i need to find one of those and put a side car on it;)

When Fatcat was a kid, I built him a bicycle with a side car. It's still around here someplace. It worked real good at swap meets.

I have been building an outdoor sign for Fatcat's new store. two ft by six ft with fluorescent lighting. The light box is done, now I have to install the mounts for the lamps, and the ballast.  I'll take pictures when it's done.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

Before I started driving again after my accident I was anxious for some motor-less transportation. I came into a cash of Junk bicycles. My wife and I had been touring with our Harley that I had put a sidecar on. I thought I could adapt the technology to the pile of bicycle parts and build me a plathing for over town. The problem is that the contraption is "Top Heavy" because of the seating position and a single bicycle wheel for the side car doesn't provide much ballast. It flipped kind of easy. I started to expand on the theory and was going to power the side car wheel. I had acquired the rear wheel and transmission from a small scooter but in Ohio anything with  motor bigger than 49CC needs to be licensed. Being legal threw the whole idea out the window. GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

Took a short 180 mile ride today.. south of the house here, into Florence AZ again, around Coolidge AZ  and further south on State route #79 past the Tom Mix memorial /   marker.  

Tom Mix was in the silent  movie stuff, died in the Florence  area in AZ in 1940 of a car crash
Tony

kb426

I'm working on a bag to take all my junk to car shows. Lots of the shows hand out bags but I wanted something different. If I don't mess up again, I'll post a pic tomorrow.  :D
TEAM SMART

phat rat

From what I read the Mexican restaurant Los Dos Malinos on the south side of Phoenix is Tom Mixes old hacienda. Have you ever eaten there? Last time my wife and I were there everything was so hot it all tasted the same.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

river1

yes as the story goes los dos molinas is in tom mix's house. it is also known for it's HOT food. i've been there a couple of times.

i won't go back because the last time i went they added a tip to my credit card after i signed. i had already left a nice tip in cash on the table. luckily i still had the receipt so was able to get it back but will never be back.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

phat rat

The first time we ate there it was great. The next time we were in Phoenix we headed there right away. That night the food was absolutly on fire and you couldn't tell one food from another. It all tasted the same and we determined right then to never go back. As to your credit card. We had an experience like that once. Now if the tip is left on the table instead of added to my card I draw multiple heavy wavy lines though the area for the tip entry
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

phat46

Drove 800 miles home from Raleigh N.C. today, not much traffic, but what there was the the cream of the idiot crop. It was 66* in Raleigh yesterday and I took my grandson for a ride in his wagon, when we got home here today it was snowing.... :?

river1

Quote from: "phat rat"As to your credit card. We had an experience like that once. Now if the tip is left on the table instead of added to my card I draw multiple heavy wavy lines though the area for the tip entry

yup me too, i call it a lesson learned.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

teal32

We always write the name, or number, of the server on our receipt. IF there's a problem, and there has been, we go back to the manager and give him/her that info. Several places have given us free meals because we pointed out a problem.
Your drug test came back positive...Welcome aboard!

Don\'t get to close....I\'m alergic to stupid

Crosley.In.AZ

I have not been to the Los Dos Malinos place.  If the food is that spicey hot, it does seem to all taste the same as you try to calm down your mouth with water, beer or soda.  :shock:

We have an Arribas Mexican food place just down the road from us.. tried the place 3 times, 2 times we had problems with service or the food.  I am done with them.  The one time there was no problem with service ,  we witnessed a tossing of food as a woman got angry at the other members of the group. She tossed food at them and walked out
Tony

Mikej

Entertainment with your meal. You should pay extra. :P

Mikej

I'm at work again. Still do the books. Going to go home a watch some football. Rooting against Nebraska. Sorry Daryle and Bob