What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oj

I shifted 3 cars around in the shop so one of them can go away for a while.  I didn't like something a saw in my 'modified'frame so i have that cut back apart.  I added another crossmember to a frame work table, the crossmember will support the engine block so i don't need a transmission bolted up, i wondered why i hadn't thought of that before and when i test fitted a frame rail i found out why so tomorrow i will be modifying a crossmember to fit both an engine and a frame rail.  Jeez!  Something about two seperate masses occupying the same space has been a gorilla in my small room my whole life.  Hopefully we'll be able to test fire the engine for my nova in the space i created, we'll strap the cradle down and have a set of tractor pull headers on it.  With luck we'll do that tomorrow - that'll be worth a pic or two.

fast401

Polishing my serpentine pulleys for the AMX and worked on the shop.
Disturbing the peace since 1970!!!!!

Boyd Who

I spent part of Christmas morning assembling the Lincoln welding cart my wife got me...

Then today I assembled some of the sheetmetal on the Essex to get an idea on how much I'll have to modify the lakes headers I bought for it. They sit very close to the fenders so I'll have to cut the flanges off and re-weld them so the tubes come out closer to level with the ground, plus I have to move the dumps back a few inches. Shouldn't be too big a deal, and they're sure going to look sharp once I'm done!

The front is sitting at ride height, the rear still needs to come down a few inches.

GPster

Quote from: "Boyd Who"Then today I assembled some of the sheetmetal on the Essex to get an idea on how much I'll have to modify the lakes headers I bought for it. They sit very close to the fenders so I'll have to cut the flanges off and re-weld them so the tubes come out closer to level with the ground, plus I have to move the dumps back a few inches. Shouldn't be too big a deal, and they're sure going to look sharp once I'm done!
Keep in mind keepers so the doors don't open too far. GPster

Boyd Who

Good call, but the Essex has suicide doors so I don't have to worry about them hitting the headers.  :D

Crosley.In.AZ

is it an optical delusion or does the engine / trans oil pans  in the Essex sit real close to the ground?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Boyd Who

Must be the angle you're looking at it from. There's actually quite a bit of clearance under the engine & trans. The center of the front axle will be the lowest part of the truck.

papastoyss

Quote from: "Boyd Who"I spent part of Christmas morning assembling the Lincoln welding cart my wife got me...

I bought one of those carts w/ my Lincoln welder & quickly tired of bending over to reach the controls. I moved the front upright leg to the rear & made taller front legs from angle stock. Much better.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Crosley.In.AZ

Had to plug a tire this evening, daily driver.  Dang  sheet rock screw in left rear tire.

Tried a new plug kit from DynaPlug , It leaked.  I Got out the old rope type kit, got the job finished.

looks like I may need a corvair type steering box for drag car project
Tony

rog

Cleaned out the garage, in readiness to put the plymouth in there tomorrow.. Get a start on it over the next two weeks whilst on holidays..

Happy New Year indeed  :D

Mikej

I'm at work closing out the books for 2011 but it is going to be warm this afternoon so the Coupe is going for a ride. Have a safe and happy New Year. Mike

phat rat

Nice here today also. I've already taken the cpe out for a drive
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

This was yesterday's project. When I finished the minibike 2 years ago, I bought a seat for it. I had the original foam but not enough skills to recover it. The original foam is now covered in purple carbon fiber weave vinyl. I tried 2 other color schemes before settling on this one. Because the bike isn't 100% original, the desire to modify became overwhelming. It's 45 degrees here but the ground still has lots of snow cover. Most of the streets should be clear by dark. Hope everyone has a good new year's day.
TEAM SMART

Boyd Who

Quote from: "Crosley"is it an optical delusion or does the engine / trans oil pans  in the Essex sit real close to the ground?

I took a quick measurement this morning and there's 6" under the oil pan.  8)

Crosley.In.AZ

Took a lunch ride to Florence AZ. Temps were low 70*F .  It was a fun smooth ride.

:twisted:
Tony