What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

crosley, the nice thing about a power adder is that it will transfer from one motor to another. If you scatter the motor,you still have the adder for the next powerplant.

jaybee

Lawn mower is fixed.  The lever on the throttle shaft is made from a flexible plastic.  At some point something must have snagged it, allowing it to move to the opposite side of the throttle stop.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

Had a fight with my service provider tuesday, no internet wednesday, but I am back now.

I picked up some damaged shopping carts at the local supermarket, I'm going to build some engine dolleys.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

32coupe

I fired up the Hemi for the first time, boy does it sound good with the 671 on top of it.

Ps. Frank you will never guess, but the module in the brand new Mallory Dizzy has gone belly up and I needed to use Scooter's MSD to fire it up, go figure :roll:
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

enjenjo

Quote. Frank you will never guess, but the module in the brand new Mallory Dizzy has gone belly up and I needed to use Scooter's MSD to fire it up, go figure  

At least they are consistent. :roll:

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "32coupe"I fired up the Hemi for the first time, boy does it sound good with the 671 on top of it.

Ps. Frank you will never guess, but the module in the brand new Mallory Dizzy has gone belly up and I needed to use Scooter's MSD to fire it up, go figure :roll:

I heard it run with the Mallory unit.  ......Do you think vibration or shock during shipment made it fail?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Crosley.In.AZ

Here we have a DIY fail ... customer figured he would save some cash.  Buy parts and rebuild his 48RE Dodge diesel truck transmission.

You can see he got the trans apart and figured out he was way over his head.  LOL

Now we get to rebuild it and find out how many small parts he lost
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Mikej

Looks like he has it nice and clean for you.

kb426

This is way off base for us. I'm going to see the band " Survivor" tonight. It's a fundraiser for an organization. Tomorrow, I hope to finish the cafe racer project. I hope you all have a good weekend and good stories for monday. :D
TEAM SMART

kb426

I just went for the maiden voyage on the cafe racer project. I haven't finished the seat and there is a few little things but it's about to become a rider and not a project. There is a few local car shows coming up in the next couple of weeks so the 32 will get put back in use.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I installed a second air conditioner in the shop about a week ago, one was just not cutting it. The other day I went to turn it on, and it did not work. I checked the circuit breaker, it was fine and I had power there. Tested the plug by plugging a light into the other of the duplex socket, the light came on and the AC did too! So I thought I better check it out. Yesterday I pulled the circuit breaker, and tore down the plug.  The black wire was broken about 1" from the socket. I replaced the duplex socket, and repaired the wire, all is fine now. No idea why it broke, but I better check the other sockets, that wiring is over 30 years old.

I had to move my tool boxes to get to it, they had not been moved in 8 years or so. Lots of dust and crud. I also replaced the window in that end of the shop with a new. used double hung window with triplex glass, and a storm sash. Should be warmer there this winter. I still have to reinstall the bars on the inside of the window.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Mikej"Looks like he has it nice and clean for you.

Some cleaning was done... the case has been painted,  dirt and all  :lol:
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

A 4L60E trans in the shop for the 3rd time in 1 year and 6 months..   Super charged LS powered truck.

One photo shows the inside of main clutch drum.  Planetary unit has busted shaft stuck in it.

This blown up unit, pushed the out put shaft out the back so  hard the collar on the shaft welded it's self to the bushing for the yoke.  We could not remove the tail housing because all the stuff was 'stuck together'.. we had to hammer the parts loose inside the case  to disassemble the trans fully

The kid keeps paying the bill.
Tony

Boyd Who

I finally messed up the floor of my new shop!  Transmission fluid all over the place, even though I drained as much out of it as I could. :D

It only took me 9 weeks, but today I pushed my donor truck inside and yanked the engine and transmission out. Nothing like a little procrastination, eh?  :lol:

Now comes the fun of scraping all the crud off it in preparation for a rebuild. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!  :roll:

enjenjo

Finished the garage cleanup today. Then Josh and I made a set of adjustable upper control arms for the rear axle so he could adjust the pinion angle. It helped but it still vibrates. After that I assembled a traction lock for a 9" I am building. Also started on a rewire on a Karmann Ghia.