visitors from up north

Started by WZ JUNK, March 24, 2010, 01:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

Charlie and Phil stopped by.  Phil just bought this car yesterday at Dallas, Texas and they were on their way home.  They spent the night here in town and we worked on the car some this morning.  We moved the seat back as they needed a little more room.   It was a tight fit for a couple of big ole boys.  Nice visit.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

I was in Dallas yesterday. I'm in Vegas today.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Cool! Having friends stop with the same interests makes life way better.
TEAM SMART

Beck

I just met Phil and Charlie on the highway. It was 6:40 pm. They were bypassing St. Louis. I called WZ JUNK and told them of the progress.

Charlie and Phil, Had I have known your route home and what time you were gong to be in the St. Louis area you could have spent the night at my place. I would have called you but have changed cell phones and lost your phone number. Good luck with the rest of the trip. Hope you stay dry tonight and tomorrow.

phat rat

Phil must be getting ready to open a museum. I think this takes the count to seven
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Charlie Chops 1940

Many thanks to John for the help in your shop. Moving the seat 5" to the rear was a life-saver to say the least. Tom - imagine the coincidences that fit together for us to take John and Sam's advice to take the 270/255 bypass and then for you to see us besides.

We motored on up to Litchfield, ILL for the night.

Finished up mostly in the rain - from 7 A.M to about 1 P.M.. Cold , but dry. My feet will be cold for days I think.

The A-bone is a very solid old build with more than a few flaws, but hey, it just made a 3 day 1100+ mile trip with hardly a hiccup - and on bias plies - and we lived to tell the tale. I still think bias plies suck however.

Charlie (and Phil)
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

MO_JUNK

Charlie, it was good to talk to you. Glad you guys made it home o.k. You came through here on the right day. We had hard rain and cool here all day today. You dodged the bullet. Look forward to seeing you this summer. Sam