Pictures and measurements

Started by Old Blue, March 09, 2010, 09:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Blue

Anyone here have pictures detailing the body support structure in the bottom of a 26-27 T roadster body ?

I want to see how the side rails and crossmembers go as well as the seat support structure etc.

Measurements would be great as well.

All that stuff was missing or cobbled together when my Touring body was turned into a bucket and I want to build it all to replace it.

Larry

phat rat

I've got mine standing on it's nose right now. I'll get some pics later today. What do you need measured?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Old Blue

Quote from: "phat rat"I've got mine standing on it's nose right now. I'll get some pics later today. What do you need measured?

I need detailed pictures of the body support siderails where they attach to the firewall inside the cowl as well as from inside the seating area and possibly from underneath too.

I also need to see what they look like back where the seat is as well as the sides.

The measurements would be the width and location of crossmembers and the width of the supports and body too  at various points such as where the crossmembers are , where the doors start and at the rear of the seating area. Size of seat, location and height of seat supports etc.

Total width of the body at the rear of the bucket would help.

Basically any picture or measurement that you think would help me get this body dialed into where it should be.

I can give you my e-mail address if you could send me some stuff it would be greatly appreciated.

Larry.

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Old Blue

Quote from: "phat rat"PM me your email addy

Done, thanks Earl   :)

Old Blue

Quote from: "Old Blue"
Quote from: "phat rat"PM me your email addy

Done, thanks Jack   :)

There fixed that   :oops:   , thanks for the info, sent you another message

Larry

brucer

mine just had a center support, and a rear support, the stock floor was wood.  it was completely flat with no type of tunnel..  

i have a original body, but i cut out the center and rear support out, and i'm going back with 1inch tubing up to the transmission and adding a small tunnel.

when you go to mount your body i would go with 6 mounts, and dont use the rubber insert body mounts, they break after time causing a dangerous situation..

Charlie Chops 1940

On my track roadster body I removed all of the cross members so that none of them got in the way of setting deeper in the body. I then removed the support sill along the inside of the body sides and made pieces that created a rocker box instead of an open-on-the-inside rocker panel. Since I'm using a perimeter frame I bolted the body down front and rear through the rocker box. I installed anti-crush sleeves at each location.

My floors and trans tunnel are part of the chassis and only lightly connected to the firewall and rear of the body. My roll bar assembly, seats and harnesses are connected to the frame.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Charlie Chops 1940

Here's a picture that could worth more than my description.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!