t bucket body

Started by kb426, February 26, 2010, 05:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Do you guys have anybody's body you have used and recommend? I'm thinking my next project might be a t-bucket based runabout that is simple and low maintenance. Maybe no maintenance. I'm leaning towards 4 cylinder and 5 speed but with excellent construction so you could toss the keys to anyone and say"take the t" and not worry.
TEAM SMART

phat rat

Ford made a good body. Not really being a smart A&^ they are out there.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

GPster

Total Performance is now part of Speedway and I happened to see there version of it  at Goodguys at Denver last year. I was impressed with their re-designwhere they got rid of the Corvair steering box and put the spindles on the axel for proper Ackerman. I don't know the price but I'd say for quality it might be worth a check. GPster

butch27

SPIRIT Industries--The best out there right now. Thick frame and well engineered .Great body.

Old Blue

They are out there. Just keep looking. Here is mine , bought just recently.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Old Blue"They are out there. Just keep looking. Here is mine , bought just recently.

looks like it has some metal repair on it already...  seems in nice shape , should do well.

Some of th e  new glass bodies have been re-designed for more interior space?

A neighbor of mine in the 70's had a real Henry steel T-bucket with a Mopar 273 - 4 speed power.  Very fast little car
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat rat

My 27 T touring frt 1/2
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

I'm a fan of steel. If someone happens to know of a body, I'd be interested. Just mentioning fiberglass makes me itch. :lol:
TEAM SMART

Old Blue

Shadow Rods have redesigned a 27 body to fit on a 32 frame.  They are really nice and are steel too.

They call it an XL 27

If I wanted to put out the bucks to build a car from all new parts it looks like a very nice choice.

http://www.shadowrods.com/

Old Blue

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "Old Blue"They are out there. Just keep looking. Here is mine , bought just recently.

looks like it has some metal repair on it already...  seems in nice shape , should do well.

Some of th e  new glass bodies have been re-designed for more interior space?

A neighbor of mine in the 70's had a real Henry steel T-bucket with a Mopar 273 - 4 speed power.  Very fast little car

Yes, the body was worked on with a bunch of new metal put into the lower edge.  You can see all the new metal.

Since it was a touring body it is missing the small curve that gives it the "bucket" look at the bottom rear corner.

I am going to solve that problem though as I bought a couple of "bun" patch panels with the curve and will weld them in to get the real bucket look.

Should be nice with the 4" stretch behind the doors.

Gonna build a 331 stroker Ford 302 for it.

Larry.

brucer

theres a place called hermans in tennesee that is producing a nice heavy glass body..

contact Ron Pope at http://www.eztbucket.com  he can get you in contact with Hermans..

heres a shot of my current project

body channeled 2inches

brucer

honestly if i were starting on a build, i think i would be patient and try to find a steel fomoco body and fix it up, i think they look better and are stronger :)

i was surfing the net and did find this place that made some nice looking bodies, the doors and decklid were doublewalled, but the body is pricey with 2 opening doors, and thats the only way i'd have a t-bucket, forget that climbing in and out stuff, i'm to old for that.
http://www.classglassperformance.com/27%20Ford.html

kb426

I saw that website. My thought at this point is if I spend enough money to get a steel body, the whole car needs to reflect that. If I buy a good glass body but not an expensive one, the plan changes. You've made a good point.
TEAM SMART

brucer

keep an eye out on ebay, and also the hamb you can pick up 26-27 buckets fairly reasonable and in decent shape, you just have to be ready to travel unless you get lucky and find one close..

also a hint, if you go for an original body, try to get the stanchions also, they are a pain in the rear to find and they usually want an arm and leg and nut for them..
the stanchions on my project are fiberglass, i wont use them to dangerous, i got some originals off a 26 chevy along with the windshield frame that i'm gonna try to make work, i got them real cheap, and i was told by a couple older builders they'll fit, i just have to fill and drill the mounting holes..

brucer

i wouldnt be scared of bidding on this if i needed a nice body...

actually if i were starting a project and was looking for a body i would just buy it and be done, its complete even with the top frame, hard to find stuff!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1926-Model-T-Body_W0QQitemZ290412155562QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item439de9d2aa