Toyota stops sales of 8 models of cars

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 27, 2010, 07:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

Quote from: "GMRodder"Wow I just don't believe how anyone can cut down American cars over Japanese.  American cars have had safety features for years that Japanese are now implementing only because of public pressure.  Honda and Toyota have more deaths per vehicle than Ford and GM.  Not to mention major injuries but people think the Japanese tin cans save money on gas because they are built better.  This is absolutely wrong they save gas because they have less mass, built lighter and cannot absorb collisions as well.  So believe as you want driving with your family in that death trap.

Now I'm outta here, I can't stand people with narrow visions and won't listen to the correct reasoning.  Buy your Japanese crap and watch your family and friends die!!

here's a true story.
my wife was t-boned in a scion xa by a fullsize late 80's blazer.
they took him away on a stretcher and the truck was totaled (well,both were).
wife got bounced around a bit but generally ok.
we (she) bought another one , this time with side airbags...
i don't mind her being in a japanese car....cuz i won't let a european car in my driveway.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

purplepickup

The runaway Prius deal sounds a little suspicious to me.  I wonder how many people are going to jump on this bandwagon.  I'll bet Toyota pays a lot in the next few years....either through legal fees or settlements.

Actually, now is probably a good time to buy a Toyota.  I'll bet they're getting checked over pretty good.
George

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"i won't let a european car in my driveway.

but why?

Are U afraid of something?

:?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

unklian

Does Toyota gets their computer software from Microsoft ?

wayne petty

i just saw a FOX reporter in san diego on the 10 o clock news here..

they tested a prius..   got it to top speed.. held their foot on the gas pedal.. stepped on the brake with the other and the car stopped...  

they held their foot on the gas pedal.. shifted to neutral.. stepped on the brake.. the car stopped..

they described toyota description of the decode as showing multiple applications of the throttle pedal... and multiple applications of the brake pedal...      so he must be not be telling the truth..

but the ecm controls the throttle body.. via the CAN buss.   if the throttle body is stuck wide open.. and you step on the brakes.. and the ecm does not tell the throttle body to close..   you cannot do anything..

so i think they are just not reading the information properly..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

on new years 2000... here in hollywood..  they tried to light the hollywood sign at midnight..   so there were a bunch of people standing around the offramp i live next to... there was a loud WOT engine noise along with skidding noises coming up the ramp...  the driver went through the crowd of people...  clipped a new toyota land cruiser.. flipped the truck.. it spun and landed on its wheels going the other direction...   there were skid marks from the spinning wheels first one then the other as it did a reverse burn out to come to a stop. then make a nice bow with the marks and accelerated into the doors of the midas at sunset..

the truck owner as i talked to him described the truck as a salvage truck.. and it was the first time he had tried the cruise control..  and it would not shut off...   his brake drums were still red when i got to the truck 45 seconds later...   it was a gm s10...   i think i posted this when it happened..   the owner was really lucky.. when it went over his arm was out the window..  he happened to have on a kevlar contractors jacket on... as there was road rash on the sleeve.. serious road rash.. but he was not injured..   makes me want to invest in one of those..

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"

but why?

yeah, having to pay for repairs :shock: but i don't have to tell YOU that... :lol:

cr55

Quote from: "tomslik"

but why?

yeah, having to pay for repairs :shock: but i don't have to tell YOU that... :lol:

I have a "European" car and when it needs repairs they are cheaper than my wifes Chrysler and my daughter's Dodge minivans! It rides smoother, gets as good gas milage as either of the vans and it's held more value through the years than both of them put together..It's a Mercedes by the way!..CR

Crosley.In.AZ

but why?

I do not pay  money  for repairs on my European car,  only grief is paid.  I did have to buy the part though.

this car is at 98k miles...  100k maintenance will be performed soon which is filters = fuel - oil - engine air - cabin air.   I hope to be rid of the car by 110k miles or less.

:lol:

I did buy a fridgerator recently... they have gone up a bit since the current unit I bought 14 yrs ago.  Try to find a fridge with NO dispensing crap in the door
Tony

tomslik

Quote from: "cr55"

but why?

I have a "European" car and when it needs repairs they are cheaper than my wifes Chrysler and my daughter's Dodge minivans! It rides smoother, gets as good gas milage as either of the vans and it's held more value through the years than both of them put together..It's a Mercedes by the way!..CR

i call B.S.!
but what do i know, i just work on'em....

oh, by the way, i was basicly STUCK in the driveway at work a few years ago in a benz, seems that their traction control won't let you move on ice.
would NOT do anything but idle..
must be a "safety" feature...

and then there are the french.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

cr55

I have 251,000 miles on my 86 Mercedes. Same motor and trans, no rust anywhere and looks as good as any new ones out there today.My wifes van has 100,000 miles and it has broken something consistently over the last 3 years. My daughter's van has 128,000 and has had 4 transmissions, 1 a/c compressor and numerous brake replacements on both vans. My wife's has had to have 2 power window motors and replace the window mechanism, at no small cost! The A/C compressor is bad on my wifes too! No one likes American products more than me, but don't knock European cars to me. I'll keep mine! This is my last response to yours as I can see you have a limited view on anything "foreign"...CR

tomslik

Quote from: "cr55"I have 251,000 miles on my 86 Mercedes. Same motor and trans, no rust anywhere and looks as good as any new ones out there today.My wifes van has 100,000 miles and it has broken something consistently over the last 3 years. My daughter's van has 128,000 and has had 4 transmissions, 1 a/c compressor and numerous brake replacements on both vans. My wife's has had to have 2 power window motors and replace the window mechanism, at no small cost! The A/C compressor is bad on my wifes too! No one likes American products more than me, but don't knock European cars to me. I'll keep mine! This is my last response to yours as I can see you have a limited view on anything "foreign"...CR

.and you'd be wrong :roll:

Crosley.In.AZ

oh, by the way, i was basicly STUCK in the driveway at work a few years ago in a benz, seems that their traction control won't let you move on ice.

Another drive by wire incident?

my V-dub was lazy to respond to my foot command this afternooon.  I had to brake for a DA in front of me  that appeared lost..then I had a chance to change lanes , so I hit the loud  pedal hard and the V-dub  computer is thinking about it for way too long  to throttle up the motor
Tony

cr55

Another drive by wire incident?

my V-dub was lazy to respond to my foot command this afternooon.  I had to brake for a DA in front of me  that appeared lost..then I had a chance to change lanes , so I hit the loud  pedal hard and the V-dub  computer is thinking about it for way too long  to throttle up the motor

The old style is lookin better all the time! :lol: ....CR

unklian

Now Toyota execs are testifying in Canada,
that they knew about problems, before they
reported them to the Ministry of Transport.

What happened to the big deal Engineering Consultants,
about a month ago, that were paid to say nothing was wrong ?

Crosley.In.AZ

It sure appears some of the recent run away car  events were staged
Tony