Hey there !

Started by Old Blue, January 22, 2010, 09:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

The April 2010 Rod and Custom has a feature on a little Ford pick-up with a '55 270" Dodge hemi in it. The specs have the engine modifications and the name of the guy that built it. Might not be the same with the babies butit seems that on the bigger boys a lot of people are having to replace all the valve seats. Maybe you could pick the engine builders on that. GPster

rumrumm

Nice score, Larry. Looks like a cool project so keep us updated with photos.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Old Blue

In case anyone cares, here is a photo of my ST 1300 hotrodded Sport touring bike. It may look stock, but a trained eye would see all the mods and some are hidden too  :)

Larry.

kb426

I like your bike. I'm a VFR guy. In regards to your 241, I sold some stuff to a guy that was building a blown 241 several years ago. No matter what you do, you can't forget that it's only 241 cubic inches. Too much intake volume or too much cam duration will remove bottom end from discussion. I don't know if Hot Heads has parts for the small engine but that seems to be where most people start looking.
TEAM SMART

Old Blue

Well, early on in the game ,decisions have been made. I've decided the little 241 Red Ram will go to a new home.

I will run a 351 W and C4 in the little roadster. Found a rebuildable original 351 and trans for $100.  :)  

The chassis will soon be materializing from a pile of steel so the fun begins.

Larry.

sirstude

Just for giggles, go out to webrodder.com and he did a long buildup on a red ram.  Lots of money, but pretty interesting.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Old Blue

Quote from: "sirstude"Just for giggles, go out to webrodder.com and he did a long buildup on a red ram.  Lots of money, but pretty interesting.

Doug

Got ya Doug, I'll take a look at it. The lots of money part is what got me. I'm not afraid to spend it, just not sure it's worth doing for 241 cu in.

I think I'll have more fun with the 351W.

Larry.

kb426

In the long run, you will have made a good decision. If you spend a little time with the 351, it will be a runner. I'm a hemi guy from running them in the racecar for almost 20 years but the reality of what you have to deal with versus what you have upon completion won't change.
TEAM SMART

wayne petty

ahh.. rats...  i was just about to start thinking of how to crate up the 3 241 red ram hemi heads i have had for the last 30 years or so.. for you to do some experiments in porting with..

oh well... some day they will find something to go into...

kb426

About 14 years ago, I hauled my collection of 241 and 270 heads and other parts to the dump. About 2 weeks later someone posted an ad in National Dragster looking for that stuff for Bonneville. I still throw stuff away knowing full well that I will regret it in a short period of time. I have limited storage space and can't stand too much clutter.
TEAM SMART