What I've been up to...

Started by My52Chebby, January 11, 2010, 10:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My52Chebby

Here is a rotisserie I cobbled up to work on my cab...

Here is how I figured where to put the pivot point. I used a side view (a picture of the truck when I brought it home). Used a compass to find a circle that cleared all corners of the cab. I extrapolated the dimensions to be 25" from top of door jamb and 19 1/4" from front door jamb.

Here is the solution I found to give my firewall some clearance for my distributor. (I moved the engine back an inch to clear the A/C compressor and it created the clearance problem at the firewall).

I used a firewall piece from another identical truck and patched it in... See the results. It added a full 2" of clearance.

This project is taking way too long, I'm now in my 8th year (some years I had time but no money, other years I had money but no time)...

Now back to your regular programming...

Raymond Gallant

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

chimp koose

Very clever on the firewall. Dont worry about how long it takes to finish the truck.Work on it when you can and enjoy it for what it is,a passtime/hobby. Instead of looking at what you still have to do , step back now and then and take stock of what you have accomplished so far.

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

39deluxe

I agree. Great job on the rotisserie. If I worried about how long my projects were taking I would have given up on the '59 Vette 40 years ago. Nice work on the firewall.

Tom

UGLY OLDS

I LIKE that firewall idea .... );b( ...  I think it may be "copied".. :idea:

Don't worry about progress ...Like Chimp said .....It's a hobby ..... :lol:
(This from the guy that started his Model A project in 1980 & it has yet to roll on its own wheels ..... :?  :oops:  ...)

Bob............ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

My52Chebby

..."I think it may be "copied"..

I was so surprised at how easily all the angles matched.

A side view section would prove that it is a parallelogram. However I moved the insert rearward, it meant that the bottom of the piece slid along the floor that was at the same angle.

My52Chebby

kb426

The AD series chevy truck is really popular. Most of us have done one at some time. It is a great looking truck when you're done. I like your firewall and you were innovative with your rotisserie. I think you'll fit in around here. Best wishes with your project.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Here's a firewall I did on an AD truck a few years ago. There is a tutorial on forming the recess with a hammer form here  http://enjenjo.com/recess.html
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

I think your rotisserie will be copied too  8)  

Nice work!  Your shop is so nice and clean.....how do you find anything? :wink:
George

chimp koose

Raymond, I was feeling bad about taking so long(10 yrs soon) on my anglia a few years ago. Then I read a thread on this site about how long many of the guys on this site have taken on some of their projects. I think that is about when I decided to stop lurking and join this site!I made a recessed firewall on my anglia with part of a wheelbarrel bucket. I left the undercarriage mounting tabs on and have used one to mount my throttle pedal . keeps the firewall clean on the engine side.