Garage tour

Started by Harry, January 09, 2010, 12:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

this picture just gave me an idea....

http://www.pismoderelicts.com/Tours/gt10/target78.html

see the ramp truck on the left...

see the ramp lift on the right..

why not figure out how to combine the two...

with ramps that can be lifted after you pull the car up on them ... so one can get under the car to do some on the road service..

actually... not lift the whole thing... but tilt the lower end up to level......

one could have a trolley jack that could be inserted between the rails..... wheel alignment turn tables.. or an underslung transmission jack..  to lower the transmissions from the chassis... and roll them out to the end...

might work better if the end of the truck and the bed has a notch between the rails... so you could walk in.. almost to the truck diff...

i can envision it...  i guess i will have to ad it to my ideas file..

i guess i will have to do some drawings...

i guess i like working on cars too much...

kb426

I just saw a bunch of people with grins usher in the new year in fabulous style.
TEAM SMART

jaybee

Wayne, you're always looking for that innovation, it could work.  And Harry, thanks for sharing that looks like a fantastic day.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "wayne petty"this picture just gave me an idea....

http://www.pismoderelicts.com/Tours/gt10/target78.html

see the ramp truck on the left...

see the ramp lift on the right..

why not figure out how to combine the two...

with ramps that can be lifted after you pull the car up on them ... so one can get under the car to do some on the road service..

actually... not lift the whole thing... but tilt the lower end up to level......

one could have a trolley jack that could be inserted between the rails..... wheel alignment turn tables.. or an underslung transmission jack..  to lower the transmissions from the chassis... and roll them out to the end...

might work better if the end of the truck and the bed has a notch between the rails... so you could walk in.. almost to the truck diff...

i can envision it...  i guess i will have to ad it to my ideas file..

i guess i will have to do some drawings...

i guess i like working on cars too much...

it has been done  ...  i saw an ad somewhere for an  open  trailer custom built .. the vehicle is pulled onto the trailer ramps which is also a 4 post lift.

I would guess there are some type of hydraulic rams - legs that stabilize the trailer while the vehicle is lifted up

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

GPster

I can remember years ago (55) seing a lumber yard with a vehicle that would do that. It just had a single cab on a frame that was probably 8' by 10'and 8' in the air. At the 4 corners of the frame there were 4 legs that extended down and each leg had a wheel on it There was a lift section between the 4 legs that added stability to the legs so they wouldn't spread apart from their places and that lift section could raise and lower between the four legs. At only six or seven years old I could only be amazed by that odd piece of equipment and marvel how it was driven through the lumber yard with stacks of wood under it and imagine it could raise the load so that it would be the height of a truck bed so it could be loaded or unloaded easily. I don't know how the wheels were driven or steered but I seem to remember it being driven on the road to probably take a load of lumber to a jobsite. Although I probably wouldn't want to drive it far or fast if there was no load on it. It may have been a piece of equipment that was used originally at a railroad siding because the town I remember seeing it in had a railroad siding next to a factory that did a bunch of manufacturing for WW II. It would probably be a neat vehicle in a junkyard if there was an easy way to get the hoist from under a vehicle to un-load it. GPster

enjenjo

I have used my trailer like that. I have stands that fit under the end of the ramps at the same height as the deck.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

taxpyer

Sorry,,,, I was away from my computer for a few minutes :roll: ,,,,,,,, After I saw the garage tour I had a fellow come out from town and bury my projects out in the field before anyone saw them. :oops:
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later