Next build day

Started by enjenjo, January 03, 2010, 04:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

This one is over, worked out good. Now we have to start planning the next. We are far enough along to start on the frame the next time. On the rear housing, I discovered just before the last build day that I no longer had collars for narrowing the rear. Fatcat says I gave them away, I remember lending them. in any case, I am making new ones, when I get them done I can weld up the housing. Hopefully that will be done before the next build, so we can get onto the rear suspension.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Danimal

How soon are you thinking? I'm out the weekend of the 16-17 January but that is as far out as I know right now.

Is there anything else we need parts wise?

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"On the rear housing, I discovered just before the last build day that I no longer had collars for narrowing the rear. Fatcat says I gave them away, I remember lending them. in any case, I am making new ones, when I get them done I can weld up the housing.
Tomslick has mentioned that he has the pieces necessary to narrow a 9" housing. Maybe what you have left will work with parts of his and he would loan them to us. GPster

enjenjo

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "enjenjo"On the rear housing, I discovered just before the last build day that I no longer had collars for narrowing the rear. Fatcat says I gave them away, I remember lending them. in any case, I am making new ones, when I get them done I can weld up the housing.
Tomslick has mentioned that he has the pieces necessary to narrow a 9" housing. Maybe what you have left will work with parts of his and he would loan them to us. GPster

If it was just the one for the race car to do, I would just let him do it, but I have two more to do for customers.

purplepickup

Anytime is good for me.  The weatherman says a January thaw is coming up soon. :D
George

river1

what's a January thaw?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

unklian

Quote from: "river1"what's a January thaw?

later jim

That is when the ice in your drink melts slower than usual. :wink:

river1

Quote from: "unklian"
Quote from: "river1"what's a January thaw?

later jim

That is when the ice in your drink melts slower than usual. :wink:

gotcha!!  thanks

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Danimal

unklian

Quote from: "Danimal"Feb now?

Detroit Autorama is Feb 26-28

Danimal

Quote from: "unklian"
Quote from: "Danimal"Feb now?

Detroit Autorama is Feb 26-28

??? What happened to the first week of March ???

Glad I didn't plan for it!! I was just assuming March until I saw this and went to check it out. Thanks!

Danimal

Quote from: "unklian"//www.autorama.com

Yep, thats where I went. Just assumed March since its been then for quite a few years. Never thought to check!!

enjenjo

The next build day will be on a sunday. Do I have suggestions on which one? We have more room to work in now, the 47 body is back on the frame.

GPster

I just checked and the church in Swanton has a Saturday evening and an early (8:00) Sunday morning mass. With that concern taken care of for me I'd be good for a Sunday "Build Day". I'm good for the 21th and possibly even this weekend the 7th. The 14th is out for me because I have an appointment on the 15th and I might not be home in time and of course the 28th people will be busy with that car show. Too soon for me to plan March but every Sunday looks open. GPster