New Port wiper motor instructions...

Started by My52Chebby, December 01, 2009, 10:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My52Chebby

Hi all,

Can anyone scan the instruction sheet(s) that came with their New Port wiper system.

Preferably for a '47-'55 Chevy pickup but I'll take anything you've got.

Thanks

OldSub

The stuff they sell is a little different for a '54-'55 1st.  If yours is a '52 you probably really want the directions for the earlier style.

I installed mine in my '55 1st way back in 2002 so I may not be able to find those directions regardless of whether they are right for your project.  

I'm away from home until at least the end of the week, but if no one else is able to get you anything PM me on the weekend and I'll look for them.

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

WZ JUNK

They are usually a pretty simple installation.  Are you having a particular problem?  If you call Newport, Bob is really good about helping you with any problems.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

My52Chebby

I bought a 1952 Chevy pickup 8 years ago. On a Saturday, way back then, 3 of my friends came over and helped me disassemble the truck from one end to the other (big mistake).  

I have since upgraded nearly EVERYTHING on this truck, even the wiper system. I'll be running a Rain Gear system and just recently sold the New Port type system that was on my truck when I bought it (never saw it installed and I didn't dismantle it myself). So when the fellow asked for instruction sheets, I thought it would be easy enough to find those on the internet. So far, it hasn't...

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

wayne petty

i have been thinking about this...

there is an installation sheet for ford trucks...  

this shows how to use the drill guide...  wow... neat installation..

https://www.newportwipers.com/4047fordtruck/drilljig/index.html

this link shows how to put the assembly in...

https://www.newportwipers.com/4047fordtruck/index.html

i hope this helps... there are a few other things on the web site..  and i don't know how close the ford system is to what you need for your chevy...