Shop layout ideas

Started by taxpyer, November 24, 2009, 04:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

38HAULR

Those with the clinically laid out sheds,never experience the joy of being re united with something that was "irretrievably lost' :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Frank.

enjenjo

Sorry I have been gone, I was out throwing rocks at my shop. :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

After that tour of Glen's shop I'm just gonna lock mine up and throw away the key. Although I do have admit I like 38HAULR's attitude and guess I'll adopt it. Appropriate useage fees to follow.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat rat

Quote from: "38HAULR"Those with the clinically laid out sheds,never experience the joy of being re united with something that was "irretrievably lost' :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Frank.

You mean you sometimes actually find those lost things? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

river1

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "38HAULR"Those with the clinically laid out sheds,never experience the joy of being re united with something that was "irretrievably lost' :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Frank.

You mean you sometimes actually find those lost things? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

eventually, normally while looking for something else :lol:  :lol:
or after buying the replacement item

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Glen"Here is a quick run around my "Tree Fort".....You will proably hate some ideas and maybe you will like others.  there is a row of cabinets along the west wall you cant see.

http://www.hotrodsbyglen.net/shop.html

Nice photos Glen ...Now show us where you REALLY work.... :?     :lol:

Bob.............. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Glen

Ok...obviously its not always that clean...I did pick up before taking the pictures.  
But, I dont do any grinding in the shop.  I usually grind outside or if its a big project I will take it to work and use the shop there.  Once I had the bandsaws, I never used the chop saw again.

taxpyer

One of the reasons I am so thankful for everyones input is because I'm due for a change, As you can see, and so I've built a new shop not wanting to have this happen again. :lol:

Quote from: "Glen"Ok...obviously its not always that clean...I did pick up before taking the pictures.  
But, I dont do any grinding in the shop.  I usually grind outside or if its a big project I will take it to work and use the shop there.  Once I had the bandsaws, I never used the chop saw again.
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later

taxpyer

Ok, OK just an old barn find here,,,,,,,, believe it or not there is this old buick and two T pickups in there.

Quote from: "taxpyer"One of the reasons I am so thankful for everyones input is because I'm due for a change, As you can see, and so I've built a new shop not wanting to have this happen again. :lol:

Quote from: "Glen"Ok...obviously its not always that clean...I did pick up before taking the pictures.  

Harry

Where in BC are you?
I'm on the Island.

taxpyer

I live in the southern interior. Lillooet country, where we can't log the mountains any more so we let them burn.
This old shed was incredible. Full of cars and time. All the old tools scattered all over and two  Model T pickups completely disasembled in the corner. Engines, wheels with the frames standing up against the back wall. I believe the Buick is late 20's :roll:

Quote from: "Harry"Where in BC are you?
I'm on the Island.

DLHCC

as far as the compresser goes it can be wired to a contacter switch , then it will only have power when the lights are on

Grandadeo

Hey, this garage cleaning is OTAY.  Today I found the pitman arm and steering joint for the Toyota box in my F-1 that I bought from No Limit  on one of the recent trips to the Roadster Show.  Like two or three years ago.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

taxpyer

I've built myself a "safe" box. :idea:  It's literally a trunk size box about 4w x 2h x 2d  and  it's the "safe" place where I put the things I don't want to lose. 8)  When one is full then I'll build another. :D  I have lost soooo many things over the years putting them some place "safe" where I won't lose them and then never seeing them again. :shock:

enjenjo

Quote from: "taxpyer"I've built myself a "safe" box. :idea:  It's literally a trunk size box about 4w x 2h x 2d  and  it's the "safe" place where I put the things I don't want to lose. 8)  When one is full then I'll build another. :D  I have lost soooo many things over the years putting them some place "safe" where I won't lose them and then never seeing them again. :shock:

Iake a look, and see if my Buick exhaust manifolds are in there. :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.