Looks like fall is here

Started by enjenjo, October 01, 2009, 06:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

We had frost last night, and today I saw some combines cutting beans.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

All I can say is " this sucks". I want it to be summer 11 months and then a little cooler and back to summer.
TEAM SMART

sirstude

We have had ice off and on the last couple of weeks.  Of course, this weekend is the last 2 car events.  Saturday forecast is for 50's and 30% chance of rain/snow and that is a 160 mile poker run, and I will take the car for that one.  Sunday is a small run about 30 miles from here and the forecast is for 30's to 40 and 70% chance of snow/rain.  Think I will skip that one, spending the day standing in a bar jsut does not sound fun.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

32coupe

I don't want to see this, we are just starting to get nice warm weather again, and now I'm heading over there for a couple of weeks :roll:

I guess I should leave my flip-flops at home.................

Should I bring my long Johns?
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

jaybee

No frost here yet, but it won't be long.  It certainly feels like Fall and we're getting lows in the 40s.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

38HAULR

I sure am glad to be in a normal part of the world where September is Spring, into Oct with daylight saving, [time to pack up the drapes,as the extra daylight fades em] then on to summer  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :) Frank.

WZ JUNK

The leaf harvest has started.

Next weekend is the AHRA hot rod reuion at MOKAN.  Hooley will run the Henry J and I will run the old truck.

The following weekend is our last two local shows of the year.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

hi,

it is dropping to the upper 50's here in the mornings.  

I was able to turn off the a/c in my shop.  Hopefully that will drop my 350.00 electric bill down some
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

C9

Cooling down here in N/E Arizona.

Had to wear levis's and a sweatshirt in the garage yesterday morning and I waited a while to go out there.

Been wearing cutoff's and a T-shirt for the last bunch of months.

Cooler this morning, 42* F right now.

High yesterday was 75* with a cool wind.
Today, supposed to be 80*.

Not bragging or complaining, just the way it is.

Some good roadster weather though . . . as soon as I get the new battery installed in the 32.
Takes a bit of time, but not bad.
The battery is in a box under the body in front of the rear axle on the right side.
The weight down there probably helps and it doesn't take up room in the trunk.

Gonna put the battery in the same place in the 31 and and use a home-made battery box, but this time I'll be cutting an access hatch so I can pull the battery from the top.

Y'all probably wonder why I didn't just put either battery in the trunk, but there's not much room in the 32's rumble with the gas tank in there and I'm going for all the room I can get in the 31....
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

phat46

No frost here yet as least not in the immediate neighborhood. The surrounding area had frost a couple days ago but the relatively warmer waters of Lake Huron are enough to keep the frost away for a little while. The Lake has a huge effect on our local weather, usually in the summer it is several drgrees cooler here than just a couple miles inland and just the opposite in the Winter, but it does make for more snow at times  too.
I keep several cities saved on the weather site I use to keep track of the weather in other areas I'm interested in. The other day the report from the area of my deer camp in the U.P., Iron River, said that they would no longer be issueing freeze or frost warning for that area till Spring...it was 28 degrees there wnen i checked... :lol:

purplepickup

Yup, it was 25 degrees at the cabin a couple nights ago.  I'll see if the outside pitcher pump busted from freezing when I get there tomorrow.  

A good side of this time of year is the color show we get this month.
George

papastoyss

Here in middle Tn everything is still green. We've had a very wet Sept. should make the fall colors real nice this year. We have 3 events in Oct. Halloween run 10/10, GG Bowling Green 10/17, Midnight Rodders Fall Cruise 10/24 & then we're done til April except for a few swap meets.(Swap meet junkies don't give a flip about weather, it's all about finding a bargain). With few events to attend maybe I'll get more progress on my 40 Ford coupe project. I've yanked the LT1 engine & trans & am fitting an LS1 combo instead . Nothing is the same as the SBC.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Roadstar

I hate this time of year and  the months to follow :x

kb426

TEAM SMART

Rrumbler

Yeppers, I tink fall has fell.  Just last weekend, we had highs in the 103 - 106 range, and Tuesday, it only got to 76; been mid seventies and windy the last two days.  Actually feels cool at 85, but that will change as the month goes on.  By Nov. 1, I'll be wading ankle deep in leaves from the Mulberry trees.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.