drip, drip,drip...

Started by WZ JUNK, September 24, 2009, 03:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldrodder43

Well ---------- it was just sitting there, kinda, only being used lightly for storage, and plenty of room, it's 30 feet by 32 feet.  Just needed a few items--heat, wood floor, new cover, and voila---GARAGE!  'course it does have it's drawbacks, like the cover don't like much wind---and it's very cold in the Maine Winters.  Oh, and it's very hot even on a Maine Day!  haahaaaa  :lol:  :lol:   Perley

HotRodLadyCrusr

Very cool!  
My '47 Olds hood awning is being painted as we speak.  It will go above the front door of my house and the '47 Olds deck lid is going above the side door.  It will be painted next.  

I'd be curious to see how you attached it to the building.  Thanks bud!

Here's my buddy Tinbinder

Here's one in a shop in Spokane

Here's the one across the parking lot from my buddy Rooman's shop
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

WZ JUNK

Denise, I used a pair of eye bolts for the attachment at the back of the hood near the bottom.  Then I used bolts through a hole in the hood and into the eye of the eye bolt.  Before I hung the hood I squared off the back edge so that it would fit nearly flush with the building.  I then suspended it from above as you can see in the picture.  I am sure that there are neater ways to do the same thing.  I did not spend a lot of time on this project.  The hardest part was hanging it on the building by myself.  I managed to get the hood supported on a tall step ladder and work with it from there.  I had to be careful not to scratch the patina. :)

By the way it does work.  This morning, during a heavy downpour, I was able to stand in the dry while I unlocked the door.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

HotRodLadyCrusr

All that I've seen, including yours, have all been hung different.  I want to do as little damage to my outside bricks as possible so that when I die no one is * about the crazy lady that use to live here and the funky way she attached these car parts to her house. :wink:

I want something on the inside as opposed to the outside.  We'll come up with something I'm sure.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"All that I've seen, including yours, have all been hung different.  I want to do as little damage to my outside bricks as possible so that when I die no one is * about the crazy lady that use to live here and the funky way she attached these car parts to her house. :wink:

I want something on the inside as opposed to the outside.  We'll come up with something I'm sure.

In that case, I would probably make something that is freestanding as a unit with a support for the hood at the top and some kind of cantilevered support at the bottom with a connecting post along the wall.  That way you could move it from door to door and even take it with you if you move.  This is hard for me to explain in words but I can not do a drawing on this machine.  I am sure you will figure something out that will work.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

I agree with wzjunk. Make the structure free standing and attach it to the bricks with a couple of the blue lag screws they sell now for use in concrete or brick. Caulk around the top to seal it off.
TEAM SMART