Need your thoughts

Started by kb426, September 20, 2009, 06:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

On my efi 5.0, I have the cobra intake. I want a single 4 intake and regular looking stuff. Do any of you have any exp. with any throttle bodies that I can adapt to a single four intake and then adapt the mass air sensor to and have a little less mass under the hood?
TEAM SMART

GPster

There was an article not long ago (probably Rod & Custom) about a throtle body from a Chevy truck that some company is putting the pieces together to put that throttle on carburated engines. I don't know how bad a Ford engine would look with a quadrajet on it though. GPster

GPster

OK it was in a Rod & Custom, June 2009 to be exact. They were installing it on a Chevy engine and were using parts that are duplicates of Chevy truck parts '88-95 so it is a throttle boby not the electronic version of the quadrajet that was used in the early '80s. Before "Hot Rod Mecanics" became part of the Easyrider corporation they were doing an article on installing an add-on TBI on an old Chrysler Products station wagon and I'm thinking it was something that a carburator company put out (Holley?). I can't believe there is no more discussion on this subject so maybe this little additional information will at least bring it back to the top. GPster

enjenjo

Quote from: "GPster"OK it was in a Rod & Custom, June 2009 to be exact. They were installing it on a Chevy engine and were using parts that are duplicates of Chevy truck parts '88-95 so it is a throttle boby not the electronic version of the quadrajet that was used in the early '80s. Before "Hot Rod Mecanics" became part of the Easyrider corporation they were doing an article on installing an add-on TBI on an old Chrysler Products station wagon and I'm thinking it was something that a carburator company put out (Holley?). I can't believe there is no more discussion on this subject so maybe this little additional information will at least bring it back to the top. GPster

Holley makes one. No experience with current production, but the older ones worked ok after they were dialed in. FAST  has one, no experience with it. I have a GM TBI adapted to a 4 bbl. intake on my Buick, not on the road yet, so no feedback.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.