Changing a Lightbulb or is that Light Bulb?

Started by Carps, July 05, 2004, 04:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

Hey I was reading the other day something about how many forum members it takes to change a light bulb.  Any ideas, and is my spelling OK?
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

autocol

this is a forum for car enthusiasts.

if you wish to enquire about lightbulbs please refer to usenet.lightbulbs.huh?

:D

OzRod

I believe everyone here is familiar with light bulbs, therefore I see no reason why it can't be posted on this forum.

BTW the correct term is LAMP!!

phat46

Quote from: "Carps"Hey I was reading the other day something about how many forum members it takes to change a light bulb.  Any ideas, and is my spelling OK?

I suppose it would depend on what you're trying to change the lightbulb into. Prostreet, streetrod, lowrider, gasser, custom, ratrod, etc.etc. We would need much more info to correctly anser the question.  BTW do the bulbs downunder screw in backwards, like the way the water spins down the drain?  :lol:

Fat Cat

Quote from: "autocol"this is a forum for car enthusiasts.

if you wish to enquire about lightbulbs please refer to usenet.lightbulbs.huh?

:D

Gee and I thought when I setup the forums and give a description like this:

QuoteGeneral Topic Forum for the discussion of any topic that may come to mind.

That we could discuss light bulbs if we wanted. I guess I was wrong. I really wish people would stop telling me when I am wrong. God knows I have discussed alot of things other than cars on here.

enjenjo

QuoteI guess I was wrong. I really wish people would stop telling me when I am wrong.

Ok, we'll stop telling you. But you're still wrong, and deserve a beating.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Carps"Hey I was reading the other day something about how many forum members it takes to change a light bulb.  Any ideas, and is my spelling OK?

Actually no, you could use a bath.....uh that was sPelling wasn't it, never mind :roll:

47wood

Are those left or right handed bulbs? ...standard or metric???    :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

nzsimon

That would be a lamp bulbs grow in the ground  8)
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

river1

florescent or incadescent or halogen?

i know about incadescent but for the others you'll have to wait til the experts chime in.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "nzsimon"That would be a lamp bulbs grow in the ground  8)

Now, you're confusing me.  Last year, I planted perrenial bulbs in the ground, and they grew. I put light bulbs in my floor lamp, and it lights.  If a light bulb is really a light lamp, what is the fixture called that I'm screwing the lamp into?  I hope that it's not called a 'torch', as that is what I use in the garage; and if it is, then what is that thing that used acetylene and oxygen in the garage called?  What is the price of tea in China, and is it really tied to the price of crude oil from Mexico?
What was the question, again?
:lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

True story.

When I was living in Japan in the late 60's, it wasn't much trouble to conmunicte with the Japanese even though their english wasn't a whole lot better than my Japanese. Finding parts for my car was a matter of holding out what I needed, and the counterman finding one like it.

But one time, I burned out several dash ligh bulbs, 6 volt, and needed replacements. So I ran all over town, and nobody could fighure out what I needed. Finally, I went out and got a bulb out of the dash, and brought that in. The guy looked at it and said "Ahhh.. Dashu Lampu", and brought me a box of bulbs.

I was driving a VW at the time, and it needed brakes, took it to the VW dealer, and he said monday. So I took it back monday, he tore it down, cut the rivets out of the lining, riveted new linings to the old shoes, put it back together, and charged me 2,000 yen, which was about $6 at the time.

I had that car reupholstered over there, all naugahyde, seats, doors, headliner, and new carpet, cost me 36,000 yen,  $100, material and labor.

Carps

Quote from: "enjenjo"True story.

When I was living in Japan in the late 60's, it wasn't much trouble to conmunicte with the Japanese even though their english wasn't a whole lot better than my Japanese.

The good news is nothing has changed and your English still sounds like Japanese to me.

QuoteFinding parts for my car was a matter of holding out what I needed, and the counterman finding one like it.

That's changed, now they just direct you to the new car sales office.

QuoteBut one time, I burned out several dash ligh bulbs, 6 volt, and needed replacements. So I ran all over town, and nobody could fighure out what I needed. Finally, I went out and got a bulb out of the dash, and brought that in. The guy looked at it and said "Ahhh.. Dashu Lampu", and brought me a box of bulbs.

Heck, even I could have told you that. "Tay-uh-ramp}, is the one at the back "Hed-Oh-Ramp' is the big one at the front.

QuoteI was driving a VW at the time, and it needed brakes, took it to the VW dealer, and he said monday.
It's a wonder your mates didn't shoot you as a German spy.

QuoteI had that car reupholstered over there, all naugahyde, seats, doors, headliner, and new carpet, cost me 36,000 yen,  $100, material and labor.
WOW!  I've never seen a Nauga in Japan, even cows are pretty scarce, but I never knew they ever had Naugas over there.  They must have become extinct soon after you left, probably caused by all you Yanks having your Jeeps and Kombis reupholstered with their hides.
Carps

enjenjo

Carps

Quote from: "enjenjo"You still smell :lol:

That's only coz screwing lightbulbs is hard sweaty work and I fogot my deodorant.   :wink:
Carps