Coming to America

Started by 32coupe, August 23, 2009, 06:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
Quote from: "32coupe"

I'm the drunk guy with his arm around his favourite girl, and that is Scooter wishing he's not standing next to me on the other side.

Your favorite girl seems like the only normal one in the whole bunch.
LSHIAPMP  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Now you know what Scooter and 32 coupe look like your next and most difficult challenge is to identify which of the people in that pic is the real world cop.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

rx4ord

He is a cop Carps but does he really live in the real world? Dave
When I was young I went hard and fast.Now I\'m old I still go hard, only slower

32coupe

Well plans for the trip are evolving all the time, now we are still going to Ohio and stay with Frank, but now we are going to Detriot to see Denise and the Henry Ford museum, then onto Chicargo to drop into Dyres blowers and do some shopping, drive down to St Louis, then we are heading down to Bowling Green Kentucky for the Good guys nostalgia drags, then  Nashville, Memphis and finaly back over to Route 66 for the run over to LA.

Should be a jam packed trip and I for one can't wait, all I hope is that the F1 will get us to where ever we have to go and not break down.
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

GPster

Well my sourses bombed out on a better hood for the panel like we talked about on CHAT the other night. Maybe Frank has a lead on one. GPster

32coupe

32coupe

OK not long now, we will be in Detroit on Monday night, I can't wait :D  :D

GPster

Will be talking to my daughter this weekend for suggestions on where to eat when we meet at Summit. She has lived up in that area for 25 years and knows the restaurants. I mentioned that I'll be meeting some Aussies for lunch and her immediate responce was that we'll want someplace that sells beer. Of course I'd rather be able to drive home after eating but I'd have someplace close to spend the night. GPster

32coupe

plans have evolved again, now we are still going to Ohio and stay with Frank, but  we are going to Detriot Monday night to stay with Denise and do the Henry Ford museum on Tuesday with Frank as our guide, then let Frank drive us home, spend a few days in Ohio, then we are heading down to Bowling Green Kentucky for the Good guys nostalgia drags, then  St Louis, and finaly back over to Route 66 for the run over to LA.

Cheers Andrew

Ps: beer is a must Joe :D  :D

GPster

While you're spending a few days in Ohio you might think about going to Brookville and see them putting together new '32 Fords. I would imagine they have some kind of factory tour. I'd think there is some kind of pleasant driving road down from Frank's that would make it a "day trip". GPster

bucketmouth

Quote from: "32coupe"Well plans for the trip are evolving all the time, then we are heading down to Bowling Green Kentucky for the Good guys nostalgia drags, then  Nashville, Memphis and finaly back over to Route 66 for the run over to LA.
Please tell me you're not catching the Greyhound bus to Memphis like we did a few weeks back.
We got to Kentucky for the Nats a day early so we took a Midnight $68 return ride to Memphis in a day to visit the King.
The hire car we took back to Kentucky was worth every cent.
When you come over here to the west coast next Easter ask me about it.
Apart from that it was an excellent time stateside.
Enjoy yourselves it will be great.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Carps

Back in the '90s Mike's Chevy ceased to proceed somewhere in Wyoming en-route to Bonneville.  (Must be a thing for Chevys going to Bonneville, Eh Bob?   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Don's model A never missed a beat.)

We got stuck with a busted trans in a little village called Fort Bridger a few miles off the interstate.  That was an adventure in itself and the locals nothing the complete opposite to Frank's stereo type.   The town is built around a real US Army Fort and the original buildings were like the one in the TV show F-Troop.  Worth a visit just for the history lesson.

However, having missed Speed Week I needed to make it back to LA, so Mike arranged for the Greyhound to stop at Ft Bridger to pick me up.

The driver was chuffed, after 25 years driving that route this was the first time he'd had to stop at Ft Bridger to pick up a passenger.  That bus ride was one of the most fun adventures I ever had.  The people on the trip were very interesting.  Every time we stopped we'd kinda play musical chairs and sit with a different person, it was fun and I met all kinds of interesting people with some very interesting stories.  One of my favourites was a guy travelling to LA from Chicago because his Mrs had run off with another bloke and he'd tracked her down.  Was he going to get her back?  Hell no! she'd taken his pick-up and he was going to get that truck back!
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.