Kzoo

Started by enjenjo, August 19, 2009, 06:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

papastoyss

Quote from: "freddrew"I am going to attend the last Street Rod National.  I'll have to wait and see what the future brings.  I swing by when I get to Post Huron but you haven't been home.  You must have been working I guess.  The Frog Follies is still a Street Rods ONLY and was a real good time this year.  I will be going back.

Fred Drew
Those of you who haven't been to the Frog Follies should try to make it at least once. The host club does a great job, everyone has fun & its not about how much $ they can extract from the rodders. We haven't missed it in 20 yrs.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

papastoyss

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"
Quote from: "Leon"It looks like we should be able to make it for a couple hours.

Not sure if you are coming on Friday or Saturday BUT if it's Saturday then call me when you get to the spectator parking area on the west side of the fairgrounds and I will drive out and pick you up with buttons to get in.
If you do so be careful , NSRA has had Rent a Cop Goons watching for this. I know of 2 different people who got their pass buttons confiscated at Louisville ,2007 /2008.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Leon

D - I am heading in on Sat., I'll call to let you know I'm on my way.
Leon

purplepickup

I want to say how nice it was to hang out with everyone that showed up and thank Ken and Denise for helping with the cooking.  The food was great as usual, as was the camaraderie we all shared.  Also, an especially grateful thank-you to enjenjo who brought the BBQ trailer, kept it well supplied, and put up with all the questions.....Hey Frank, where's the plates, forks, etc?....are there any onions?.....how come we only have two kinds of relish?....can you get some more napkins out?  He held up very well. :wink:

The weather was as perfect as it could be.
George

enjenjo

Thanks should go to George too, for the outstanding Chilli, and for the tent. And thanks to everyone for showing up, and making my weekend.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Yep, all the above PLUS I really enjoyed dinner on Saturday night together.  Bummer I forgot all about Dave Crane's party afterward that we all could have gone to.  

Thanks again to everyone for everything
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

purplepickup

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"...Bummer I forgot all about Dave Crane's party .....  
Just an FYI.  Dave Crane (a retired local mailman & drag racer) helped set up a "don't miss" drag racing history exhibit at Gilmore Car Museum just north of Kalamazoo.  Besides some of his collection, there's stuff on display from some drag racing history greats, including Don Garlits, Arnie Beswick, Don Prudhomme, Gas Ronda, John Force and "The Michigan Madman" E. J. Potter, just to name a few. There are Funny Cars, Rails, Pro Stock, Gassers, Drag Bikes, and more.  

I haven't been yet but word is the sound system rattles your bones with top fuel sounds and such.  

There's a 1st Annual "Traditional Hot Rods, Customs and Pre-1965 Motorcycles Show"  on the grounds on September 27th.  If anyone goes, make sure you check out all the exhibits in the barns.
George

Leon

I'd also like to add a thanks for the get together Saturday.  Although we only had a couple hours there, it was great seeing everyone and meeting new people.  The trip back to Chicago took a bit longer than the way to Kalamazoo, but we made it back there in time.  Next time we head back that way I'll try to spend more time.

GPster

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"...Bummer I forgot all about Dave Crane's party .....  
Just an FYI.  Dave Crane (a retired local mailman & drag racer) helped set up a "don't miss" drag racing history exhibit at Gilmore Car Museum just north of Kalamazoo.  Besides some of his collection, there's stuff on display from some drag racing history greats, including Don Garlits, Arnie Beswick, Don Prudhomme, Gas Ronda, John Force and "The Michigan Madman" E. J. Potter, just to name a few. There are Funny Cars, Rails, Pro Stock, Gassers, Drag Bikes, and more.  

I haven't been yet but word is the sound system rattles your bones with top fuel sounds and such.  

There's a 1st Annual "Traditional Hot Rods, Customs and Pre-1965 Motorcycles Show"  on the grounds on September 27th.  If anyone goes, make sure you check out all the exhibits in the barns.
That's closer to the "Build Day " site than Marietta, Ohio is, I'll have to think about that. GPster