more shiney bits for the 32

Started by nzsimon, August 09, 2009, 01:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzsimon

I have been taking my time over these as I wasn't really sure what to do but I am happy with the result

I cut them out of Stainless and put a slight bend in them with a mates bender so they hold down the carpet and cover the wiring
Today I sunk 2 T nuts into the fibreglass and glassed them in then drilled the plates to suit and countersunk them
Then a polish and waalahh ( is that a word?)

I plan to sand blast the ford logo into them by sticking the reverse of the logo on in vinyl then light blasting I have tried it and it works great looks like a factory piece
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

C9

Looks very good.

Is the camera showing a curve where it shouldn't?
Is the outside edge straight?

Wondering where you got your reverse logo too.
Would be a good use for my seldom used sandblaster.

Any specific grit of sand for blasting the aluminum?

Fwiw - the word is "voila", pronounced pretty much like you have it except for the V sound up front.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Mac

Simon, you are a master of the "fiddely-bits". That's gonna be one truely unique one-off ride.
I, for one, would like to see more/better pics of this latest work.
Who\'s yer Data?

nzsimon

Quote from: "C9"Looks very good.

Is the camera showing a curve where it shouldn't?
Is the outside edge straight?

Wondering where you got your reverse logo too.
Would be a good use for my seldom used sandblaster.

Any specific grit of sand for blasting the aluminum?

Fwiw - the word is "voila", pronounced pretty much like you have it except for the V sound up front.

No the outside edge is curved to match the curve in the 32 body line the inside edge is straight

Any signwriter can do the reverse logo as thats how they do the lettering you just peel off different bits when it is cut out and use the part they normally throw away

I will try and take better pics

It is stainless not alloy I already tried it on a scrap bit it is one of those cabinets for doing brake bits etc I have no idea what grit but it leaves a smooth etched look

nzsimon

here is a pic from another angle

jaybee

Simon there is hardly a higher compliment in this hobby than "the more I looked the more interesting details I found" and you've shown us over and over how to make that happen.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)