Ultrasonic cleaner

Started by tom36, July 23, 2009, 08:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom36

Can any one  recommend an ultrasonic cleaner big enough to put a carburetor in that won't break the bank?  :roll:   Tom...

MrMopar64

I don't know much about this... But I've got a friend that cleans all his carb parts in a crockpot/slow cooker and anti freez/coolent... he puts in the parts fills the pot with coolent till it covers the parts then just turns it on and lets it cook I'm not sure how long maybe over night... the stuff I've seen looks like new
Of course you can't use mama's cooker or no dinner for you  :lol:
He got his from a thrift store

someone here may know more about this

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

Carnut

Quote from: "MrMopar64"I don't know much about this... But I've got a friend that cleans all his carb parts in a crockpot/slow cooker and anti freez/coolent... he puts in the parts fills the pot with coolent till it covers the parts then just turns it on and lets it cook I'm not sure how long maybe over night... the stuff I've seen looks like new
Of course you can't use mama's cooker or no dinner for you  :lol:
He got his from a thrift store

someone here may know more about this

MM64  8)

Gee, I'd like to know a whole lot more about how that works.

I've gone thru so many 10 gal cans of carb cleaner that just rusted/corroded thru and I only used once or twice.

Now a days I guess I would be considered an environmental hazard.

wayne petty

i am going to try that also.... i am so sensitive to carb dip... i get massive headaches when i even get a wiff...

i have been using carb sprays and usually  valuecraft brake cleaner from autozone to clean everything..   not the autozone brand...

i even have to be careful of some of the brake cleaner brands...  some of them contain chloranated solvents... i got one can of brake cleaner.. the vapors almost put me in the hospital... i was sick for days...

one thing....    do not expose pregnant women to the fumes from CARB DIP...  the warning label reads... VAPORS HARMFUL,  CAUSES BIRTH DEFECTS.....  as the first 4 words in big bold print..

if you drink the water from your own property... you don't want any of this stuff on your property...    if your sewage waste treetment or storm drains feed into rivers where people drink out of...  you don't want to wash this stuff into there..

i am so glad that someone has come up with something else that works....

Learpilot

I found a big ultrasonic cleaner at a pawn shop for $30.00. I just use lacquer thinner and the carbs look new. then I pour the dirty thinner back in the can and re use it until it is too dirty then I put it in  the recycle bin.
I don't want to go to California because you can get Cancer from just about everything.

rooster

I found this but I dont know anything about it!
&feature=related

wayne petty

yes.. things are dangerous here...

a few days ago was the 40th anniversary of the rocketdyne nuclear reactor melt down...  

it was 20 years before the public knew about it...

it was 30 years before they started the clean up off grounds...

it will be 20 more years before the clean up of the radioactive mess is actually scheduled to be finished...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Susana_Field_Laboratory

somebody who worked there during the clean up... just said on camera.. that the winds were blowing toward the san fernando valley...

i am just glad that i do not live down wind of the nuclear testing done in the nevada desert from 46 to 96...  almost 1,000 tests...  many released radioactive fall out into the upper atmosphere..

oh well...  or would that be OIL WELL....