Charlie's Whiskey Runner in Print

Started by 34ford, June 29, 2009, 10:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

Thanks for the nice comments guys. I haven't got my copy in the mail or seen it on the news stand yet.

I'd be less than honest if I said I haven't been thrilled about the attention it has had since showing it at Cobo Hall last year. It's a once in a lifetime deal to get a car in SRM, at least for the guys in the trenches. Heck, I was just as thrilled when Phat Rat's '41 coupe was in SRM as well as my pal Curt's '26 modified a few years later.

It's a cool deal!

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Fuzzy

How 'bout that! Nice job,Charlie.Mailman still has mine too.

Fuzzy
No billet for this kid!

reborn55

Congrats!!!!!!!! very nice--great looking car

Flipper

Congrats!

I saw it at the Detroit Autorama two years ago, but didn't realize it was yours.

phat rat

That's great that it made it in time for Columbus GG
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Beck

Congrats Charlie!

Guys I consider myself very fortunate. I got to ride in this super car on the salt at B'ville. The car deserves all the coverage it is getting! Charlie has done an outstanding job building it. I wish I had his skill and ability.

How about a Volvo update Charlie?

moparrodder

Yes, congrats Charlie!!  It's awsome to see someone you know of but maybe not personally get this honor of being in print!  His workmanship really stands out in the coverage of the pages of Streetrodder.  I just hope when I finally get our 40 on the road it's half as good as Charlie's.  Again congrats and well done!!!

Bill

slocrow

Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Beck"

Guys I consider myself very fortunate. I got to ride in this super car on the salt at B'ville.

Did it look something like this??? 8)
The coolest ride on the Salt that's for sure!

Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

purplepickup

Mucho Congratulations Charlie!  You and the very well done TRP definitely deserve the recognition.  
);b(
George