Motor Muster

Started by 57larry, June 24, 2009, 09:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

57larry

went to Detroit last Friday to pick up some parts. Guy selling parts told me about the Motor Muster in Greenfield Village.  I stayed Friday, went to Henry Ford's museum ( not my  1st time) and Saturday went to the village. what a great selection of cars, trucks, bikes and motorcycles. Anybody else go?

enjenjo

Nope, never been to it, even though I am only about 70 miles from there. I have been to the museum a number of times, but never for the Muster.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Woody2B

I'm planning a trip the Museum and then maybe up to see Mackinac Island for a day and back down the east coast to see the dunes.  How long should I allow at the museum and village?  Any other sites of interest you can recommend?  Too bad I missed the car show!

papastoyss

Quote from: "Woody2B"I'm planning a trip the Museum and then maybe up to see Mackinac Island for a day and back down the east coast to see the dunes.  How long should I allow at the museum and village?  Any other sites of interest you can recommend?  Too bad I missed the car show!
I spent a full day at the museum & half a day at the village. Could have spent more but better half had other ideas.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Charlie Chops 1940

1-1/2 to 2 days for the Museum/village, 1/2 day to the straights, a full day on the island, a full day to work your way down the west coast - that's where the dunes are - not the east coast.

Charlie

Quote from: "Woody2B"I'm planning a trip the Museum and then maybe up to see Mackinac Island for a day and back down the east coast to see the dunes.  How long should I allow at the museum and village?  Any other sites of interest you can recommend?  Too bad I missed the car show!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat rat

Charlie is right there are not dunes and bluffs on the east side. For that you need to come over to the GOOD side of the state, which is the west side.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Woody2B

I knew that!  Geography dyslexia disorder.  

Any place special to see in Detroit when we first get there?

Thanks guys!