Hello All.. long time no chat... questions about a VW Diesel

Started by msuguydon, June 19, 2009, 09:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msuguydon

It's been a long time since I have posted.. life got in the way.. new city, no job, blah, blah, blah.. anyway.. things are looking up and don't shed a tear for me, my sugar mommy wife has taken care of me.

Got a question.. lady I work with drives a 2004 Turbo, VW, Diesel Jetta, with about 84000 miles on it.. all of sudden she is experience huge LAG .. car takes forever to accelerate, and get up to speed.  I know the gasoline VW's had issues with timing at this mileage.. any ideas on what may be occurring..

The Tuna boat is fine.. have not been driving it much... but hope to be soon.
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

enjenjo

I believe VW is still recommending a timing belt change at 60,000 miles on a TDI. Usually if the belt goes bad, it eats the head. The other thing it may be is a turbo, or boost valve problem, not unheard of, or a boost sensor problem.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

I believe that year diesel the timing belt is 80 k miles to change... best to replace water pump and related items while in there for the belt.

If scanning the  vehicle a VAG-Com setup is best for that.

Lack of performance is  often  turbo related  as enjenjo points out..
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

msuguydon

Quote from: "Crosley"I believe that year diesel the timing belt is 80 k miles to change... best to replace water pump and related items while in there for the belt.

If scanning the  vehicle a VAG-Com setup is best for that.

Lack of performance is  often  turbo related  as enjenjo points out..

Thanks guys... I will pass the info on to her.
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart