Power Tour

Started by enjenjo, June 10, 2009, 07:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Yesterday the Power Tour had a lunch stop at Ididit in Tecumseh Mi. Several friends and I drove our cars up to meet it. They were reporting 3500 cars on this leg of the tour. It was kind of neat seeing all the different types of cars.

Today, Leon and his wife Sharon stopped by the house on their way from Detroit to Dayton Oh. We had a short visit, and tour, then they had to be on their way again.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58Apache

Here's a shot of my Chevelle on it's debut event at Power Tour stop in Dayton. Looking forward to Louisville next year.

http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/csmartin33/?action=view&current=Picture002.jpg

Steve

purplepickup

Quote from: "58Apache"Here's a shot of my Chevelle on it's debut event at Power Tour stop in Dayton. Looking forward to Louisville next year.

http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/dd16/csmartin33/?action=view&current=Picture002.jpg

Steve
Man, that's a nice Chevelle!  I really like those Lavallee style flames.
George

58Apache

Thanx, those flames really get the attention alright!  But I take no credit for them whatsoever. The air brush artist I hired gets the most credit, but my wife told him what she wanted and how to lay them out.

Kinda seems unfair that I put years of body work into that car to be able to paint it black, got gaps very good (thanks to advice from Enjenjo) the paint shine, panels are flat as can be.....and it took so many man-hours of arm busting sanding to get it all that way ......and it only took my wife 5 minutes to explain what she wanted, and the air brush artist about an hour or so to put them flames on ...and THAT is what gets the attention!

Not only that, my daughter has put about 4 hours total work into the car, and she claims it as hers!

LIFE ISN'T FAIR!