Favorite Events and How you Get To Them

Started by alchevy, May 26, 2009, 10:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t-vicky

They wont renew if you let it expire. Got to get a new number.

bucketmouth

I like the Louisville Nats, for me it's the biggest and best but  it's a bit different to most of you guys on here.
High fuel costs,food and accommodation aren't really a consideration as it's worth every cent.
I live in one of the most isolated cities in the world so jumping on a plane for a 6 hr flight from W.Australia to Singapore for a 4 hr stop over, then a 14 hr flight to L.A. Overnight stay in a hotel, back on a plane from L.A. to Louisville for another few hrs and I'm there.
Catch a cab to the fairgrounds, walk around for 12 hrs,catch a cab back to the hotel go to bed and wake up and do it again for the next few days :D  
To see so many pre 49 rods in one place just can't be beat.
Unfortunately this year could be the last one with the new cut off date coming in. :(
I take in Bonneville for Speedweek with the Nats so I'll be looking for another major event to go to next year instead of the Nats.

Like I said a little bit different to most of you guys but well worth it.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

alchevy

Quote from: "t-vicky"I have always liked the Springfield Mo. area.

It looked like to me that they (Springfield, MO folks) don't tear down a single building, they just re-use them.

Speaking of cruisin' to events, there are a group of folks from Mississippi & Louisiana that are putting together "The Redneck Power Tour".
Here is their schedule:
Sept. 28 Leave Gulfport, MS and travel to Meridian, MS
Sept. 29- On to Tupelo, MS
Sept.30- Travel to Batesville, MS
Oct. 1 - Then to Jackson, MS
Oct. 2 - Then to Summit, MS
Oct.3 - Back to the Gulfport, MS just in time for Cruisin' The Coast.
For more info:
http://www.fuzzeesperformance.com/fuzzeeindex/form.jsp
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com